Coloring your hair is a fun activity, but it also involves responsibility. When you color your hair, you expose them to chemicals, and that makes hair more prone to damage if not taken well care of. Coloring hair has different needs and requires different products. You cannot continue to use the same products on your hair after they have been color treated. You will need suitable shampoos and best conditioner for color treated hair to protect the color.
- Top 10 Best Conditioner for Color Treated Hair of 2021
- 1 – Morroccanoil Based Restore Conditioner
- 2 – Aveda Madder Hair Moisture Root Conditioner
- 3 – Aveda Black Hair Conditioner
- 4 – Fekkai PRX Reparative Moisture Protecting Conditioner
- 5 – Joico Color Correct Violet Conditioner
- 6 – Herbal Essences Color Treated Hair Conditioner
- 7 – Garnier Fructis Color Protective Conditioner
- 8 – Fekkai Technician Hair Coloring Care Solution
- 9 – Caviar Anti Aging Volume Enhance Conditioner
- 10 – Redken Hair Color Extending Conditioner
- Best Conditioner For Color Treated Hair Buying Guide
- Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Conditioner For Color Treated Hair
- Tips For Prolonging The Hair Color On Color Treated Hair
Top 10 Best Conditioner for Color Treated Hair of 2021
Hair specialists & beauty salon owners have often helped us in understanding the necessity of our hair and skin. With their recommendation, we have selected the top 10 Best Conditioners for Color Treated Hair, which will help you to choose the best for your skin.
1 – Morroccanoil Based Restore Conditioner
A rebuilding protein filled conditioner extensively designed as a prevention method for your dry, damaged colored hair. We often do different chemical treatments on our hair daily like blow-dry or straightening, coloring, etc. Argan oil and keratin enriched formula in this hair solution helps to moisturize your hair for betterment. Elasticity and shine of your hair are enhanced. Fatty acids and other nutrients present in the conditioner helps to strengthen the hair strands.
As a result, you get a smooth tangle free colored hair to flaunt. You are deprived of artificial color, sulfate phosphate, and paraben. Few other ingredients present in the solution are lavender, jojoba extracts, avocado oil, etc. The smooth cleansing can you give you a satisfying bathing routine. A pleasant Moroccan oil aroma is infused with a floral smell which can soothe your mind and body.
- For dry and damaged hair
- Works best for color or chemical treated hair types
- Antioxidant Argan oil based
- Keratin formula
- Hydrates hair strands
- Tangle-free hair
- No artificial color
- Blend of lavender, jojoba extracts, avocado oil
- Free of sulfate, phosphate, and paraben
- Complete hair cleanse
- Moroccan oil and floral based aroma
- You can get smooth and manageable hair
- Any distressed or damaged hair due to chemical treatment can be fixed
- The fantastic smell can refresh your mind.
- Presence of avocado oils, argan oil, etc. can help you to get a tangle free hair.
- Few customers have experienced more dry and sticky residue after using it
2 – Aveda Madder Hair Moisture Root Conditioner
To enhance the dark warm shades or red hair, Aveda Madder Hair Moisture Root Conditioner is the best solution. Intense deep cleansing and ultra hydration are the main functionality of this hair product. Helps to rejuvenate the hair color and adds extra shine. This is one of the best conditioners for colored hair.
Mostly it’s observed after you go through any chemical hair treatment, dryness and excessive frizz prevail. To overcome such messy hair condition, this hair cleanser works effectively reaching the hair strands and enhancing the texture of your hair. Hence you get a smooth and manageable hair after every hair wash. The key ingredients mainly contain botanic extracts and herbs.
- Botanic and herbs content
- Moisturizes hair
- Shiny colored hair
- Removes dryness and frizz
- Improves hair texture
- You can derive a healthy nourished hair
- A vibrant reddish tinge can be formed on your hair if you start using it regularly.
- Helps your hair color to last long
- Not a budget-friendly hair product
- It is not suitable for blonde or grey hair
- Few users have noticed the conditioner have a super dye effect. Whenever you use a towel on your wet hair after using this product, there is a possibility of color transfer on the towel.
3 – Aveda Black Hair Conditioner
Aveda Black Hair Conditioner is specially formulated for reducing any red hues from your hair and infuse black or darker shade. Deep hair cleansing and nourishment can be easily derived from this hair cleanser. Extensively moisturizes and improves hair texture. As a result, you get reliable and shiny hair. It contains all the plant extracts and enriched herbs in its solution. Presence of black malva and black tea can reduce the red color brilliantly and cleans the scalp thoroughly without producing any stickiness.
- For black or brunette hair types
- Humidifies hair strands
- Soft and manageable hair
- Black malva and black tea content
- No stickiness
- Cleans the scalp
- Hair color vibrancy can be enhanced
- No dryness can result
- Frizz-free hair
- Can cool down your dark and loud hair color
- Not an ideal product for blonde or grey hair types
- A bit expensive than other hair conditioners
4 – Fekkai PRX Reparative Moisture Protecting Conditioner
Formulated with argan oil extracts, the Fekkai conditioner can repair your damaged hair. Enough strength to all the hair strands is provided along with complete moisture. Infused with vanilla and thick cream, the hair solution cleanses the hair and nourishes deeply.
Moreover, the fantastic aroma of vanilla can refresh your mood. Once you start applying with the Fekkai PRX shampoo, you will get a healthy hair. To get better hair texture uses it regularly in your bathing regime.
- Argan oil based
- Strengthens hair strands
- Removes dirt
- Pleasant aroma
- Vanilla and cream content
- Repairs the damaged, dead hair cuticles
- Enhances the radiance of your hair color
- Smooth and manageable hair texture is derived
- No hair tangling as a result of using the conditioner
- Affordable and budget-friendly hair product
- A lovely fragrance can uplift your mood
- The texture and consistency of the conditioner is not that significant
- Few customers have observed their hair getting unnecessary dry after using it
5 – Joico Color Correct Violet Conditioner
A violet colored thick conditioner mainly designed for repairing the damaged conditions of the chemically treated hair. It helps in smooth color toning to balance the highlighted streaks or rough color, bleached or even gray hair. An excess level of violet tinge is appropriately delivered to reduce yellow shade of your hair while nourishing your hair texture thoroughly.
Superior protection to your hair is provided from any external damage due to the presence of enriched nutrient elements in the conditioner. After using it for a few times, you can surely flaunt your vibrant hair color with an enhanced glossy effect.
- Violet color
- Thick conditioner
- Works on damaged hair
- Suitable for chemical or color treated hair
- Reduces the strong color toning
- Improves hair texture after dye, highlighting, etc
- The vibrancy of hair color is maintained
- Protects hair from external environmental damages
- A brilliant hair cleanser and a perfect solution for bleached hair. It softens the rough hair and makes your hair manageable.
- Your highlighted hair color can last long
- Soothing aroma
- Moisturizes hair completely
- Few golden hair colored users have observed that no improvement in toning down happened after using it
- The texture of the hair strands was damaged for some customers
6 – Herbal Essences Color Treated Hair Conditioner
For treating the color treated hair smoothly, a super elegant textured solution by Herbal Essences has been created. Intense conditioning with an improvement of shine is the two essential functions of this hair product. Works efficiently on the damaged hair strands. Serum-induced in the hydrating solution creates the massive soft texture of your hair.
The creamy consistency of the conditioner works excellent to retain the vibrant gloss of your hair color. Once you start using this product, you will notice fewer hair tangles and knots. The best part of this, it prevents hair breakage to a considerable amount. Rose extracts have been used to provide you a gentle aroma
- Creamy consistency
- Suitable for colored hair
- Protects hair color for long
- Intense hair conditioning
- Repairs hair strands
- Detangles well
- No hair fall
- Rose extracts for fragrance
- You can get smooth and soft, manageable hair after every wash.
- Affordable hair conditioner
- Helps to prevent hair strip and breakage
- Clumps hair and hard to wash it off
7 – Garnier Fructis Color Protective Conditioner
A complete solution to restore hair color vibrancy until eight weeks. Presence of antioxidant acai blueberry and UV filters keeps the hair color stable for an extended period and gives you refreshed feeling. Active Protein particles help to nourish the hair strength entirely. No added parabens are present in the solution. A right blend of vitamins like (B3 &B6 – with the proteins and botanic extracts work effectively for hair nourishment and moisture control. Easily washes out without any stickiness and as a result, you can get a smooth textured long manageable hair.
- Hair color vibrancy till eight weeks
- Contains UV filters
- Acai blueberry present
- Vitamins content (B3 &B6 –
- Nourishes hair
- No hair fall
- Manageable, soft hair
- An excellent quality hair conditioner
- Safe product as it contains no parabens
- Maintains the hair color for a long time without fading the color
- Few curly hair users have faced challenges in managing their curls after using this product
- Some customers have observed hair color fading.
8 – Fekkai Technician Hair Coloring Care Solution
The luxurious beauty formula which can maintain the look of your hair color for a long time. It enhances the radiance and vibrancy of the color treated hair safely. Processed with the blend of grape seed oils, the conditioner helps to humidify each hair strands very well. Hair color preserving and controlling the hair breakage is the essential function of this hair solution. A beautiful aroma is found due to the presence of crème rose. Revitalizes the damaged hair and improves the hair texture for the long run.
- Improves hair color vibrancy
- Adds shine and gloss
- Moisturizes hair well
- Presence of grapeseed oil
- Crème rose fragrance
- Excellent product for treating the dehydrated, dull hair
- Enhances and improves the hair volume
- Smooth hair without any split ends or hair fall can be derived after every hair wash by this product
- Too much expensive which might affect your budget
- Few customers have not liked the strong smell of the conditioner
9 – Caviar Anti Aging Volume Enhance Conditioner
A mild conditioner which has been formulated by Caviar to work against the dead and damaged hair. Another essential feature of this hair solution is to add a huge volume to your hair. Marine extracts comprised of omega 3 and sea silk hydrates the hair strands and locks the moisture for a long time. It also helps in strengthening the thick texture of the hair without hair fall. Deprived of chemicals like sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and is safe to use. As a result of using this hair conditioner, you can derive a smooth and fine-textured hair instantly.
- Fights against damaged hair
- Suitable for colored hair
- Omega 3 and silk hydrates composed
- Moisturizes hair strands
- Smooth hair
- Free of sulfates, parabens, and phthalates
- Safe hair product
- Omega 3 and silk hydrates presence works brilliantly on all the anti-aging hair problems like gray hairs.
- A pleasant aroma
- Complete hydration for thin hair
- Prevents hair fall/breakage
- Few customers have noticed dryness and hair fall after using it
10 – Redken Hair Color Extending Conditioner
Redken Hair Color Extending Conditioner has been formulated to restore the hair color for an extended period. Any and every color treated hair can use the conditioner safely. It is specially designed to protect your hair color from fading and unnecessary breakage. After you go through any chemical treatment on your hair like bleaching, coloring, etc.; hair strands dry up faster. This moisture-enriched light conditioner readily hydrates the hair cuticles and never causes dryness.
The UV filters have been induced to prevent any environmental effect on your hair. The vibrancy of the hair color can be retained without any hair tangling issues.
- Maintains hair color
- No hair fall
- Suitable for all hair colors
- Uv Protection filters induced
- Enhances the texture of color treated hair safely
- Amazing results for red hair
- Moisturizes hair strands completely
- Prevents every hair cuticles
- Too much expensive as compared to other hair conditioners
- Few users have observed the quality of the solution is not that impressive
- The essence was also not significant for some customers
Various and varied types of hair conditioners are available in the market. Once you color your hair, there is a tendency that dryness and frizziness start occurring. To prevent these kinds of issues, always check the reviews of the hair product and then opt for the one which can suit your need.
Best Conditioner For Color Treated Hair Buying Guide
If you get proper color treatment at a professional salon, they will advise the different range of products for your hair care routine. You want to have the best conditioner for colored hair. These products would be from reputed brands like Shu Uemura that specialize in these products and have proven to show results that are expected. Color protecting is no easy feat and requires a different and dedicated range of the best shampoo for color-treated hair and conditioner for your colored hair. Re-applying color on your hair while not too harmful, sure exposes hair to become dry and damaged. So it is advisable to have the color last for long so that the frequency is less.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Conditioner For Color Treated Hair
If you have colored your hair, you will need to change the products on your hair care shelf. This involves buying new color treated hair shampoos and conditioners. It is not a new phenomenon and hence, when you check for these in the market, you will find a lot of options. Instead of being confused, if you are aware of what you need from your best hair conditioner for color treated hair, you can make a natural choice.
For any hair product, you need to first look for the suitability to your hair type. While there are different conditioners for dried hair type, there are separate curly hair conditioners too. Also, these can’t be used interchangeably. You need to pick a conditioner that suits your hair type and only then will it show the effect on your hair.
Hair Color Type
These are different types of hair color. Whether you have got highlights or lowlights, whether you have covered all portion or just the tips. All these must be considered and answered before you choose your conditioner. Depending upon your answer, you will have to choose a conditioner that protects the color from fading from your hair and also nourishes them so that they look lustrous.
Your hair already has chemicals if you have not done the natural color treatment. You don’t need to expose your hair to any more chemicals. Further exposure can cause damaged hair. Chemicals, especially sulfate, can rip off the color quicker than usual. Choose a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for your hair. Sulfate is not your friend, so you need to ensure it is not one of the components of the conditioner.
You need to ensure that you choose a good, known, and reliable brand for your best conditioner for your color treated hair. It will assure you of the quality and the authenticity of the ingredients used. You don’t want to risk your hair color to a newer and unknown product. Read the reviews carefully and find the one that fits your requirements and has excellent reviews as well.
Color enhancing products can end up being heavy on pockets. You will need to shell out more if you want a product to work on your color treated hair. While price should not be the only determining product, your decision can be influenced by price. A good suggestion would be to list down your requirements and check which is the cost-friendly products that fit maximum needs.
Color-treated hair needs moisture. Moreover, if you have dry hair, it would be an excellent option to choose the best conditioner for dry hair and also choose a moisture shampoo to help moisturize the dry hair. This combination is likely to work best and reduce the dryness of your hair. Check the ingredients of your conditioner to identify if they are hydrating and moisturizing. Well-moisturized hair also enhances the color of your hair.
Sun and UV rays are harmful to your hair and worse for color treated hair. The hair color needs UV protection, and your conditioner should be equipped with it. Heat is damaging for hair in general and colored hair in particular. Check if your conditioner provides color safe sun protection and states the same in its features and then make a choice.
Your hair will be impacted by what your conditioner is made up of. A conditioner is used to restore the essential oils lost during shampooing. They must contain nourishing ingredients like coconut oil for hair or aloe vera. These should be calming and soothing your hair and prepping them for the day to come. A big part of your choice for the best conditioner for color treated hair depends on the ingredients it contains.
If you are looking for the conditioner for color treated hair, you will have to look for the qualities it has to work on the color of your hair. Whether you have dyed hair or professionally colored hair, your conditioner should have features which open the cuticle of the hair and preserve the color by adding color to it as well. Conditioner should also protect your hair against harmful external factors.
If you have any hair issues, those need to be considered before deciding on the conditioner. The conditioner should be checked for the fact that it won’t increase the damaged hair issues, and there will be no side effects on the already existing problems and products as well.
You need your hair to be styled a lot of times, whether regularly or occasionally your conditioner should make the hair smooth and soft so that the styling can be quickly done. Some conditioners come with the additional questions qualities to make hair more tolerant towards the styling products that are used on hair.
Tips For Prolonging The Hair Color On Color Treated Hair
We have checked how you can find the best conditioner for color treated hair, but merely using that might not be enough. While that plays an important role, you also need to take other steps and precautions to keep the color reasonable and the hair healthy for a long time. This includes a lot of tips and tricks. Let us discuss some of these tips that can be helpful to you:
Color Friendly Products
Once you get your hair colored, for the specifications and requirements of your change, you need to make all products friendly to your hair color. You need the hair color for a long time and for that you need excellent and useful products like Redken color to extend which work on making color prominent.
Don’t shower at high temperature, use lukewarm water or cold water while showering. Heat is not suitable for hair color, and you need to protect the color. Also, why styling, use appropriate heat protection spray so that the damage is zero to a minimum, and the color is safe.
Just like heat, sun and it’s harmful UV rays are bad for color treated hair. Try and use a sun protective shampoo and conditioner and additionally, cover your hair when in direct line of the sun so that the impact is minimal and the sun cannot cause damage to the color of the hair.
Your hair color will be longer if you have good hair health. You need your hair to be healthy, hydrated, and moisturized to be able to handle the color and keep it without losing the luster or shine. Work on a good and effective hair care routine which is in line with the color treated hair.
More Gap Between Shampooing
Along with using the best conditioner for color treated hair after every wash, you must also keep long differences between two shampoos. The reason being that shampoos rip the essential oils off the hair and along with that the hair color too. So shampoo with more gap to see color prominent for a longer time.
Deep conditioning should be done to pamper the hair one or twice a week. The ingredients are allowed to enter the hair and stay there for a good time so that the nutrients can be reaped. The ingredients go inside the hair and work on them from within, which also means preserving the color for a long time.
It has been proven that the best leave-in conditioners are very much useful for color treated hair. So, as explained, the shampooing should be reduced so instead of shampooing frequently, you can manage the hair with leave-in conditioners which should also work to provide the missing nutrients to the hair.
Take in all the information above in order to get the best shampoo for color-treated hair for you. These are some of the essential takeaways from this write up to find the best conditioner for color treated hair. You have to consider the vital points and also take adequate measures along with proper conditioning to keep the color treated hair in good condition. Your hair health is in your hands, choose, and act wisely.
Plastic surgeon and IPL professional. Combining the best technologies with professional skills to help clients become happier.