Colouring the hair can help you to achieve a new look and make yourself feel more beautiful. Some color their hair to feel younger while some want to try different types of coloring fashion. Sometimes our hair color becomes dull and distorted after a specific time, or we are not happy with the result. That is the time when we will look for ways to remove the hair color. Instead of waiting for the hair color to get faded completely, you can use the only color fix and get amazing results within a few minutes. With the help of professionals, we tried to find the best hair color remover that works for every hair type.
- Top 6 Best Hair Color Remover of 2020
- Buying Guide On Best Hair Color Remover
- Who Should Opt For Hair Color Remover?
- How Does Hair Color Remover Work?
- Types Of Hair Color
- Factors To Consider Before Buying A Hair Color Remover
- Things To Keep In Mind Before Using Hair Color Remover
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Top 6 Best Hair Color Remover of 2020
There are different types of hair color remover available in the market. One needs to concentrate on various factors before they purchase a hair color remover that can effectively remove the hair color without damaging the hair. After talking to several beauty salon owners and professional hairdressers, this list of top 6 best hair color removers in 2020 has been curated for you.
1 – ColourB4 Hair Colour Remover With Extra Strength
ColourB4 hair color remover with extra strength has been designed for people who want to remove different types of color applications and unwanted color shades. It will easily remove color build-up or dark tones shades. For using the color remover, you will have to comb your hair and apply it and then wait for at least 60 minutes. After that, you can rinse your hair, and there won’t be any color residue in your hair.
The best part about this hair color remover is it is free from bleach or ammonia. Before you are using the product, make sure you are going through the instructions. Your hair won’t have to face any damage after its application.
- It can easily remove different types of dark color shades.
- It does not contain ammonia or bleach.
- Within 60 minutes, your hair will be free of unwanted colors.
- It will not damage your hair
- Removes the dye or color build-up
- Gently removes salon or home color
- Ammonia and bleach-free
- Easy and safe
- Gently remove hair color
- Works perfectly on dark hair shades
- Gives fantastic results within one hour
- Impressive drying power
- Value for money
- Foul smell
2 – Loreal Paris Hair Colour Remover
Loreal Paris hair color remover is a superior product that helps to remove muddy looking color tints and color buildups. It will gently wash away the permanent hair color, and your hair will become ready for another session for hair coloring. It can also remove permanent color.
Depending on the color shade, you will have to keep it on your hair for a specific time duration. If the hair color is extremely dark, then you need to keep it for at least an hour, for the medium shade you need to keep it for 35 minutes and for light shades it will take 20 minutes. This hair color removal process can be performed with a developer or water and only use a single packet of it.
The packages will only contain the powder, and you will need to purchase the developer separately. If you want to remove light shades, then you can mix the powder with warm water and for dark shades try to use cream developer. The product has been designed for professional use. Make sure you are reading the instructions before applying the product.
- Removes light shade, medium shade, and dark shade.
- There are specific time durations for removing hair color with different shades.
- Gently washes away the permanent color.
- Remove muddy looking hair color and color build up.
- It won’t restore the hair color to the natural color.
- The packet only contains powder.
- One will have to mix water or cream developer with the powder.
- Designed for professional use
- Minimal hair damage
- Prevents hair damage
- Remove different types of hair color.
- Gentle on the hair
- Remove permanent color
- Professional use
- The developer is not available in the packet.
3 – COLOR WOW Picture Perfect Hair Colour With Shampoo
COLOR WOW hair color remover removes the minerals found in the tap water, which mixes with the hair color and makes it look dull, distort, and darken. The product comes with an easy application and fast result. COLOR WOW will work effectively on different hair color shades and types. It is non-harsh, safe, and will not strip away the life from your hair.
Within 1-3 minutes, one will be able to get a brighter and lighter hair color. If there is any type of imperfection then it will help to remove those and provide the perfect hair color. The product comes in a spray bottle.
Tap water has chlorine in it, which can ruin your hair color, but with this product, it will remain picture perfect. You will have to spray on the product on your hair, and it will remove iron, copper, chlorine, manganese magnesium, calcium, and aluminum effects from your hair.
- Spray-on formula to remove the impurities that distort the hair color.
- Ideal for different types of hair, color, and type.
- Effective on white, ash, blonde, or any other lighter shades of hair color.
- Within 1 to 3 minutes it will rinse out the impurities
- It removes metals and minerals, which distorts and dulls out the hair color.
- Extremely gentle on the hair
- Free shampoo for colored hair mineral remover
- Picture perfect hair color
- Remove minerals and metals
- All hair type
- Effective on lighter hair color
- Pleasant smell
- Value for money
- Makes the hair frizzy.
4 – One n Only Colour Fix With Infused Argan Oil fusion
One n Only color fix has organ oil infusion in it. One can use it for removing permanent hair color. You can also use it in places to correct specific areas of unwanted hair color. One n Only can do the partial or full-color correction. The product will entirely remove the hair color without stripping off the hair health.
The product does not contain bleach or ammonia. People who want to preserve the natural pigments of the hair should go for this product. It is useful in removing different types of hair color. The argan oil in it will protect the hair and moisturize it to keep it in the optimum condition. It has impressive drying power and has been highly recommended by several salon professionals.
- Gently removes the hair color
- Does not contain ammonia and bleach
- Retains the natural pigments of the hair
- Contains argan oil
- Can fix partial or entire hair color
- Ideal for permanent hair color
- Permanent hair color removal
- Argan oil
- Easy application
- Partial hair color corrector
- Drying power
- Value for money
- It smells like a rotten egg.
5 – Joico Color Intensity Pearl Pastel Hair Colour Eraser
Joico Color Intensity Pearl Pastel Hair Colour Eraser is one of the most effective hair color erasers, which removes semi-permanent and direct dyes. The product comes with an applicator brush to facilitate easy application. It is loaded with a lot of protective and nourishing ingredients, which will remove the hair color and make the hair look healthy.
The product has been designed for professionals and other fashion-forward people who are not afraid of trying new colors. The process will not take more than 20 minutes. The color will sustain for 5-20 shampoos, and it depends on the color shade. One can try endless possibilities for getting different looks. The product is available in rose gold, blush, silver ice, and violet pearl variant.
- Easy application as it comes with an applicator.
- Available in rose gold, blush, silver ice, and violet pearl variant.
- It makes the hair look voluminous and healthy.
- They are designed for colorists who are fashion-forward.
- Ideal for semi-permanent color
- Creative uses
- It does not take more than 20 minutes.
- The color will stay for 5 to 20 shampoos.
- Easy to use
- Fast results
- Contains protective and nourishing ingredients
- Low commitment
- Healthy hair
- Endless possibilities to get inspiring looks.
- Different hair color shades
- It contains bleach.
6 – Developlus Hair Color Remover
Developlus Hair Color Remover with extra strength is one of the most effective and safe ways of reversing your hair color to the previous form. It will work in your hair within 20 minutes. Color Oops shrinks the molecule in the dye and corrects the hair color. The product is free from ammonia and bleach and will not cause any type of damaging effect on your hair.
After applying the product, you can also color your hair on the same day. If the artificial color is darker than the natural shade, then it will help you to achieve the natural color of your hair. Color Oops can effectively remove semi-permanent and permanent hair color.
If the artificial hair color is lighter than the natural hair color, then you will have to apply hair colorant to get back the natural tone and shade.
- Within 20 minutes, it will reverse your hair color.
- Effectively removes semi-permanent and permanent hair color.
- Bleach and ammonia-free
- Protects the hair from damage
- You can color your hair on the same day of applying the product
- It will gently remove your hair color and you will achieve the natural tone and shade.
- Works fine on dark and light hair color.
- Removes color within 20 minutes
- Minimal hair damage
- Recolouring on the same day
- Bleach and ammonia-free
- Leaves a bad smell on the hair.
Buying Guide On Best Hair Color Remover
Who Should Opt For Hair Color Remover?
Hair color remover will remove semi-permanent and permanent hair color gently. You can say that they are the color correctors that are easy to use. Well, the market is filled with different types of hair color remover, which makes it a challenging task for the consumers to pick the right product. Hair color removers have general formulas that will not damage or dry out your hair.
How Does Hair Color Remover Work?
When a person colors their hair by using an oxidative color or dye, then the large molecules of the color get stored in the hair strands. These molecules will break down while entering the hair shaft. It will now remove the presence of synthetic pigment from the previously dyed color.
As these products do not contain any bleaching ingredients, it only lightens your hair’s natural color so you can only use it for removing permanent hair color. Apart from that, you need to remember that the original hair color will not get restored by using this product. The task of the color remover is to perform removal of the artificial dye from the hair.
Whether you can recolor the hair or not will be mentioned in the product box. If it is not urgent, then it is recommended to allow the hair to rest for a few days before coloring it. If you want to apply a permanent hair color after the hair color removal process, then pick a color with two shades lighter or a shade that will be close to your natural hair color.
Types Of Hair Color
There are different types of hair colors available in the market. Depending on your hair needs and your styling preference, you can pick between different hair colorants. Two of the most popular hair color types are:
Temporary Hair Color
Temporary or semi-temporary hair colors will deposit the acidic dyes in the hair shaft’s outer part. It has little color pigment molecules that will enter the hair shaft. When they go inside the hair, it will form bigger complex colorant molecules.
Natural Hair Colorant
For a very long time, people are using plants and minerals to color their hair. The natural agents of these can alter the hair color by causing some chemical reactions. The natural pigment will coat the hair shaft with color. It is challenging to get great results by using a natural color, and some people will be allergic to natural coloring elements as well.
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Hair Color Remover
Before purchasing a hair color remover, one needs to consider several vital features.
Extra strength is not always the requirement of every consumer but tries to purchase the one that has this quality. People who have dyed their hair for more than one time should opt for this feature. Removing the hair color is tricky, but when you have a product with extra strength, then it will alleviate any type of worry.
Ammonia and bleach-free
Bleaching is done on the hair to ensure that the hair dye is going to set on the hair properly. But a hair color remover should not contain bleach, and its aim should be to remove any type of bleach traces from the hair. As ammonia performs a similar task with that of bleach while performing the hair coloring so opt for color removal products without the presence of these two ingredients.
Make sure you are matching the hair color with that of the purchased product. Some hair color remover will effectively remove light hair color while some will remove dark hair color. Depending on your requirements, you will have to pick accordingly.
Always look into the ingredient list of the product. Go for the product that has moisturizing ingredients like argan oil or aloe vera. Hair color removers can be harsh, so these ingredients will protect the hair from getting dry or damaged.
Reason for application
One will get different types of hair color removal in the market, each designed for a particular use. It is essential to consider whether you are going to remove semi-permanent or permanent hair color. Some hair color removal products can be used for direct replacement, and some are used to prepare the hair before recoloring it.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Using Hair Color Remover
Before applying the hair color remover one needs, to keep several things in mind to make it work effectively. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Before using the hair color remover, make sure you are reading the instructions correctly. Follow the step by step guidelines for desired results.
- Do not apply coconut oil before using the hair color remover. The method of coconut oil application is applicable for people who are going to perform bleaching. Since you are going to erase the hair color, so do not apply coconut oil as it will interfere with the hair color removing chemicals.
- After using the hair color remover, make sure you are washing your hair correctly to remove all the residue of undesired color.
- Wait for at least a week before performing bleaching, straightening or perming on your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Yes, color remover does work. It will enter the hair shaft to remove all the color pigments of the permanent hair color. After rinsing off the hair color remover, you will quickly see the results. The best part is the color remover won’t strip off the natural hair color or cause hair damage.
Yes, one can perform permanent and semi-permanent hair dye removal by using hair color remover.
One can use olive oil for removing permanent hair dye. Olive Oil contains natural ingredients that can remove purple, red, and other types of light hair color shades. Make sure you are applying the olive oil after warming it. Distribute the olive oil from the roots to the hair ends.
If you want to lighten the dark dyed hair, then you will have to take a bath in the hot shower and use clarifying shampoo, which is not color-safe. By washing hair with warm water, it will open the hair cuticles, which will allow the dye to release. After using the shampoo, perform xtra conditioning to avoid dryness.
The list of top 6 best hair color removers has been prepared after talking to several professional hairdressers and owners of beauty salons. Every hair type requires a specific kind of hair color remover. It is essential to consider your hair color, your hair’s natural color, and your hair type before you pick a product. Try to avoid products which have harsh chemicals in it as it can degrade the quality of your hair. Consider all the six products mentioned above and do a comparative study to find the right one for yourself.