A lot of women love experimenting with hair, be it in the form of hairstyles or the way to color them, getting a dye job; women do funny things with hair. Also, they don’t need a reason. Your hair could be your mood, and you don’t need a reason for it. Make ‘colored hair, don’t care’ your moto. Research about the best shampoo for color treated hair before you go for a pick as it will categorize and prioritize your need.
While it is so much fun, color treated hair needs efficient handling. We need to take extra care because color also exposes your hair to chemical to some extent. You cannot use regular shampoo on color treated hair; as there is need of other hair care products to preserve the freshness. Particularly, we should be aware of what you apply to your hair. Everything fun also comes with responsibility. Enjoy your fun hair color, but also ensure that you don’t let yourself suffer alone with it. We will help you to get the best shampoo for colored hair with this article.
- Top 20 Best Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
- 1 – Wella Brilliance Colored Hair Treatment Shampoo
- 2 – Nexus Colored Hair Shampoo
- 3 – Aveda Color Protected Shampoo
- 4 – Art Naturals Volumizing Hair Color Shampoo
- 5 – Bed Head Color Goddess Shampoo
- 6 – Redken Color Extend Shampoo
- 7 – Keihl’s Color Preserving Shampoo
- 8 – Kms Color Vitality Shampoo
- 9 – Suave Keratin Based Hair Color Care
- 10 – L’oreal Paris Color Hair Expert Solution
- 11 – L’oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo (Colored Hair)
- 12 – Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo
- 13 – Bumble And Bumble Hair Color Shampoo
- 14 – Hempz Color Hair Preserving Shampoo
- 15 – Joico Hair Color Shampoo
- 16 – Clairol Shampoo For Blonde And Silver Hair Color
- 17 – Fanola Hair Color Shampoo
- 18 – John Frieda Color Deepening Shampoo
- 19 – Pure Blends Colored Hair Shampoo
- 20 – Color Mask Brown Hair Colored Shampoo
- Best Shampoo For Color Treated Hair Buying Guide
- Few Tips And Tricks To Retain The Color
Top 20 Best Shampoo For Color Treated Hair
Hair stylists have often assisted us in understanding the treatment for colored hair and with their recommendation we have selected top 20 Best Hair Wash For Colored Hair which will help you to choose the best for your hair.
1 – Wella Brilliance Colored Hair Treatment Shampoo
Wella Brilliance Colored Hair Treatment Shampoo has a unique blend of sumptuous ingredients like diamond dust. These ingredients cleanse your hair and intensify the radiance of the hair color. Vitamin E present in the Wella Treatment shampoo leaves a shiny, smooth texture of your after every wash. The keratin-based Wella Brilliance shampoo for colored hair also gives full protection from the free radicals. Moisturizing the coarse colored hair with complete hydration is one of the essential roles played by Wella Brilliance Colored Hair Treatment Shampoo.
- Vitamin E
- Protects from free radicals
- Smooth hair
- Moisturizes colored hair
- You can get a soft, smooth hair after each wash with this Wella Brilliance colored Hair Treatment Shampoo.
- The shampoo enhances the color of your hair and gives a shiny texture to your hair.
- Hair gets rough and dry after twice or thrice washing with Wella Brilliance colored Hair Treatment Shampoo.
2 – Nexus Colored Hair Shampoo
Nexus Colored Hair Shampoo provides nourishment and maintains jazziness color of your hair. The shampoo delicately cleanses and nurtures the hair color. The salon designed Nexus shampoo is entirely safe to use for your color protection. For better results, apply the Nexus Primer on wet hair and then use the Nexus Colored Hair shampoo to make it stay longer. Nexus Colored Hair Shampoo is a sulfate free, safe shampoo for all types of hair.
- Stays longer
- Safe for all hair types
- An excellent colored hair conditioning product providing nourishment
- The mild smell on your colored hair with this product gives you a refreshing experience.
- An expensive product compared to the best shampoo for colored hair.
3 – Aveda Color Protected Shampoo
Aveda Color Protected Shampoo maintains the hair color brilliantly for a long time. The plant-based Aveda shampoo never strips out any colored hair. It has a mild soothing effect which keeps hydration and nourishment of the dyed hair on point. The gentle shampoo keeps the color of your hair intact for a more extended period. Aveda Color Protected Shampoo results in silky smooth hair as a result of the pleasant aroma of organic lavender, geranium, grapefruit, and other plants.
- Pleasant aroma
- Protects hair from dryness
- Maintains hair color
- An excellent aromatic hair product which helps to retain the hair color till an extended period.
- The Aveda shampoo is also a great moisturizing shampoo for your hair.
- An expensive compared to the best shampoo for colored hair on the market
4 – Art Naturals Volumizing Hair Color Shampoo
Art Naturals Volumizing Hair color Shampoo is argan oil-based hair care product. The Argan oil helps in restoring the hydration of the hair and gives an instant hair glow. Dead, brittle damaged hair due to any color treatment or environmental pollution can also be treated well by this product. The natural ingredients present in this Arts Natural Shampoo prevent the hair damage whereas the mineral oil keeps the miniaturization of the scalp at maximum level without causing any grease. Arts Natural shampoo contains no sulfate and paraben. Art Naturals Volumizing Hair color Shampoo is suitable for all types of hair and is for both men and women. If you are looking for a deep cleansing hair product which can soothingly treat your chemically treated hair, then you should surely opt for the Art Naturals Volumizing Hair color Shampoo.
- Argan oil
- works on dry, damaged hair
- Mineral oils content
- Sulfate free
- Suitable for all types of hair
- Men and women both can use
- Soothes hair
- The chemically damaged or blow dried or even sun exposed damaged hair can be treated well by this product.
- Natural ingredients help to condition the hair and also prevents anti hair from aging deeply.
- Hair tangling can be one of the issues as a result of this product
- For a few hair types, dryness of the hair strands is also a concern.
5 – Bed Head Color Goddess Shampoo
Bed Head Color Goddess Shampoo has a luminescent technology which can keep up the electrifying effect of your hair color. The oil incorporated in this shampoo is rich in its nutrients, which helps in getting smooth long shiny hair. Bed Head Color Goddess Shampoo has very low sulfate content, which helps in the removal of dirt and pollution from the sweaty hair. Bed Head Color Goddess Shampoo is suitable for regular use and prevents hair breakage gradually.
- Luminescent technology
- Natural rich ingredients present
- Low sulfate content
- Removes dirt from hair
- Prevents hair breakage
- An excellent hair care product for everyday use especially for your colored hair
- This product can give you a healthy glowing hair easily.
- Protects every bit of your hair from dirt and cleanses deeply.
- In a few hair types, you may fee the added oil is heavy on the scalp. For those cases, you can add a bit of any other shampoo with it and apply on your hair.
6 – Redken Color Extend Shampoo
Redken Color Extend Shampoo is a complete hair expert for your colored hair. The total hair color protection and softness of the hair can be both well maintained by using this product. From the roots till the tip, the Redken shampoo cleanses deeply to give you a bouncy highlighted vibrant hair color. The Redken Solution is sulfate free product nourishes the hair for four weeks of hair coloring. Presence of color extends magnetic new smart technology all the parts of the colored hair get treated well. Ingredients like soy protein help in providing volume to your hair from the hair root, arginine helps in hair health maintenance and sepicap fights against the damaged hair. The UV filters incorporated in the product also locks the hair color firmly. The mild aromatic Redken Color Extend Shampoo can give your hair maximum protection from the external environmental pollution and results in healthy lustrous hair.
- Presence of color extend magnets
- Soy protein present
- Mild aroma
- Smooth nice hair
- Protects hair and hair color
- You can quickly get a sleek salon finish hair look at home by using this product.
- Deeply cleansing of the hair from root, core, and the tip is the essential advantage of this hair product.
- In a few hair types, it has resulted in super dry hair texture.
7 – Keihl’s Color Preserving Shampoo
Keihl’s Color Preserving Shampoo has incorporated sunflower oil, apricot, and has a fantastic blend of different vitamins (B3, B5, B6) to provide long-lasting color vibrant hair retention. Keihl’s shampoo has an excellent UV filter technology-induced in it to give your hair protection from the harmful sunlight. The paraben free, sulfate free and silicone free Keihl’s solution provides a natural uplift to your hair, and you can quickly get a smoother texture after every wash with it. For a regular hair wash routine, you can massage the Kiehl’s shampoo on your wet scalp and colored hair to preserve the color for a more extended period.
- Sunflower, apricot present
- Vitamins B3, B5, B6
- Sulfate free
- Silicon free
- Every day useable
- The organic shampoo can give you long-lasting healthy hair easily.
- The excess usage of this shampoo can lead to drying up your hair.
8 – Kms Color Vitality Shampoo
No products found.
KMS Color Vitality Shampoo conserves the color vibrancy of your hair. The superb UV filter induced in this shampoo works as a safeguard for your hair against the harmful UVA/UVB lights. KMS Color Vitality Shampoo contains rhubarb and lavender, which helps to maintain the hair color tone and gives a soothing effect to your scalp. IOPS technology is present in the shampoo which reaches deep till the hair follicles, and you get healthy hair as a result.
- UV filter induced
- Maintains hair color and hair tone
- Rhubarb and lavender content
- IOP technology-induced
- A mild aromatic hair washes which can retain your hair color and give you a nourished hair easily.
- Greasy in texture.
- Not suitable for all types of hair and in few cases can result in excess dry hair.
9 – Suave Keratin Based Hair Color Care
Suave Keratin Based Hair Color Care is a regular shampoo to make your hair smoother and manageable. This product can firmly maintain the ph balance of the hair. The keratin-based product helps in keeping the color effect last longer and also controls the dry frizz of the hair till 48 hours.
- Regular shampoo
- Removes frizz
- Long lasting hair color retained
- You can get a soft smoother healthier hair with the daily usage of this product
- The mild aroma is also of the reason to go for this hair care product
- An excellent remedy for coarse colored hair
- Expensive than other similar products
10 – L’oreal Paris Color Hair Expert Solution
L’Oreal Paris Color Hair Expert Solution is an excellent shampoo for dry, damaged colored hair. Any fragile hair acne is treated well with hair solution.
The formulated Cermadies present in the Solution fights against the damaged hair. It also in the shampoo also gives enough strength to your hair. The L’Oreal Paris shampoo keeps the vibrancy of the hair color intact till four weeks, and the UV protected shield safeguards the hair from sunlight and any harsh lights.
- Can transform your hair in 4 weeks
- Formulated ceramide
- Dry and damaged hair
- Fragile acne can be treated
- Protects from UV rays
- The shampoo smells amazing.
- It maintains thick hydration in your hair and locks the hair color till four weeks or more.
- The texture of the hair gets smoother by using this shampoo.
- Hair gets stripped in few cases
- Dryness is also one of the results by using this shampoo
11 – L’oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo (Colored Hair)
L’Oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo is blended with rosemary to give you extreme moisture hair full of softness and shine. The L’Oreal Paris solution is suitable for colored hair and also provides comprehensive protection for the colored hair from external dirt/pollution quickly. As there is no sulfate, salt so treating dull damaged and even coarse dry hair is quite an easy task for this L’Oreal formula. There is no paraben or harsh salt, and the L’Oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo is a completely vegan product.
If you are looking for complete nourishment of your dry colored hair, you can give a try for L’Oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo.
- Extreme moisture retention
- Soft and smooth hair
- Protects colored hair
- No Sulphate, paraben, harsh salt
- Dry, damaged hair can be treated
- L’Oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo foams less and helps to get rid of hair dirt quickly.
- The sulfate-free formulae of Loreal Paris EverPure Moisturizing Shampoo help to prevent hair breakage.
- Greasy in texture for few cases
- The L’Oreal product smells nice, but that aroma doesn’t stay long.
12 – Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo
Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo is specially launched, keeping in mind to retain the red and brunette hair colors. In case anyone has gray hair color percent exceeded than usual, then they can opt for this product. A sulfate-free formula which can deeply cleanse your hair without breaking your hair is the vital function of the Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo.
Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo has some botanical ingredients infused in it for safeguarding your hair from external pollution/harmful UV rays. The botanical ingredients also prevent color fading nicely and ensure that your hair color is never affected by sunrays. Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo when applied on your hair; it reaches to the hair cuticles deeply and locks the cuticles. In this way, the shampoo helps to maintain the hair color vibrancy.
Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo is suitable for any and every hair type. The rich fragrance of this product is due to the presence of some fruit extracts like kiwi, peaches, pineapples, etc. The shampoo contains no sulfate, no paraben, no sodium chloride, and it is vegan. A Heat Smart Complex is infused in the Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo which reaches the hair shaft for protecting your hair and improve the hair damage.
- Red or brunette hair color
- Sulfate free
- Deeply cleanses
- Botanical ingredients
- For every hair type suitable
- Fruit extracts like kiwi, peaches, etc. present
- Heat Smart complex technology incorporated
- A clean hair without any hair breakage can be found by every wash of this Thermafuse Safe Colored Hair Shampoo
- After using the hair product, dryness is perceived as a result.
- The smell is not that great.
13 – Bumble And Bumble Hair Color Shampoo
Bumble and Bumble Hair Color Shampoo is a super gentle hair product to cleanse your hair and give a natural shine to your colored hair. The color preserving complex present in the Bumble and Bumble shampoo acts as a protective shield to your hair by hydrating your hair thoroughly. Defrizzing and providing a smooth texture to your colored hair is another essential function of the Bumble and Bumble Hair Color Shampoo. The Bumble and bumble shampoo adds lustrous, healthy hair look to any hair and every hair type. It is a vegan product and doesn’t contain any paraben, phthalates mineral oil and formaldehyde.
- Gentle hair
- Smooth texture
- suitable for colored hair
- Every hair type
- Vegan type
- No paraben or phthalates
- Mineral oil
- Formaldehyde present
- This shampoo produce less lather, and thus you can maintain healthy shiny colored hair for a long time.
- Nourishes the hair and provides hydration nicely.
- An expensive product.
14 – Hempz Color Hair Preserving Shampoo
Hempz Color Hair Preserving shampoo provides a boost to raise the color brilliance and improves the shine of the colored hair. The full cold preserving conditioning system of the Hempz Shampoo maintains the daily nourishment of your hair. The soothing blend of grapefruit, raspberry crème with few essential oils makes the hair smoother, more manageable, and retains the hair color. The shampoo contains no sulfate or harmful ingredients.
- Color brilliance improvement
- Thick cream based
- Grapefruit, raspberry crème content
- No sulfate
- Harmful ingredients
- A great shampoo which can be used regularly to lock your hair color
- It gives smooth and softer hair quickly.
- Hempz Color Hair Preserving shampoo doesn’t smell good
- In a few hair cases, the Hempz Color Hair Preserving shampoo results in greasy hair.
15 – Joico Hair Color Shampoo
Joico Hair Color Shampoo has been specifically designed to protect the color radiance and vibrancy of your hair. The shampoo works excellently on coppery and blonde colors which require brighter tone and shade. The Joico solution contains essential ingredients to hydrate your hair and give you desired smooth hair. The Joico shampoo is in golden brown color and is suitable for light to medium brown hair. Joico Hair Color Shampoo enhances hair beauty and retains the shade for an extended period.
- Color radiance enhances
- Maintains coppery color and blonde color
- Hydrates the hair
- Suitable light to medium brown hair
- Hair retention
- Natural aroma of the shampoo is excellent
- The hair gets smoother and softer after every use of this shampoo
- The shampoo is not suitable for any other hair color (e.g. strawberry blondes) might result in color fading
- Because of the little presence of sulfate in the shampoo, it may result in stains on the hair scalp.
16 – Clairol Shampoo For Blonde And Silver Hair Color
Clairol Shampoo for Blonde and Silver Hair Color is a protein filled shampoo which protects your hair color firmly. The shampoo is suitable for grey/blonde hair as well and removes the harsh brassiness from the hair which may have caused due to bleaching. It gives a smooth, softer textured hair and makes it evenly manageable.
- Retention of hair color
- For grey/blonde hair
- Removes brassiness
- Smooth hair
- Clairol Shampoo works great on blonde hair without any residue or stain as a result
- Brassing can be replaced brilliantly by this product
- This Shampoo makes the hair quality dry
- It resulted in color fading in a few cases.
17 – Fanola Hair Color Shampoo
Fanola Hair Color Shampoo is a hair product designed for grey hairs, grey streaks or decolored hair strands. In case you have colored your hair with light grey streaks then you can opt for this shampoo. The NO yellow technology in this Fanola Shampoo helps in maintaining the consistent grey shade of your hair. Presence of violet pigment helps in reducing the loud tone of your hair and gives a soothing hair look. Fanola shampoo can be used without any hesitation on bleached, streaked, blonde, and grey hair.
- Designed for grey hair
- No yellow technology
- Violet pigment
- Fanola Hair Color Shampoo can give you a lighter and crisper tone to your discolored hair you can get a beautiful, healthy blonde hair with Fanola Hair Color Shampoo.
- Fanola Hair Color Shampoo is not suitable for all hair colors. You may face hair color fading away. You can consult your stylist or salon expert before using this product on your hair color.
18 – John Frieda Color Deepening Shampoo
John Frieda Color Deepening Shampoo deeply cleanses and nourishes the dark shades hair into neutral shades. The John Frieda Color Deepening Shampoo contains the advanced formula blended with primrose oil and cocoa for hydrating your hair firmly. The Hair product is suitable for highlight and low light hair, which can be used regularly. John Frieda Color Deepening Shampoo is very deeper and darker in a tone which can provide you a thick, lustrous, healthy hair by deep cleansing.
- Deeply cleanses
- Dark shades hair
- Transform hair into neutral
- Blend of primrose oil and cocoa
- Suitable for Highlight and lowlight
- Helps in toning down the substantial brassy effect on the colored hair
- Provides deep cleansing and nourishment to your hair
- In a few types, the John Frieda Color Deepening Shampoo has resulted in rashes on the scalp.
19 – Pure Blends Colored Hair Shampoo
Pure Blends Colored Hair Shampoo is formulated for specifically red and red-brown toned hair colors. The organic products like coconut, eggplant, cherry bark, etc. are present in the shampoo to provide superior hydration of your red colored hair. Pure Blends Colored Hair Shampoo contains no harsh silicon, paraben or sodium chloride to mistreat your hair color. In fact, the Pure Blends Shampoo is a safe product for all hair types.
The formula of the pure blend shampoo is advanced designed to retain the red or red-brown color deposit on your hair smoothly. The shampoo works great on dry, damaged hair without producing any frizz. The Pure Blends Colored Hair Shampoo is a vegan product that can take care of the strength of your hair without any hair breakage or fall.
- Suitable for red /red-brown toned colors
- No silicone, paraben or sodium chloride
- Safe for all hair types
- Anti-hair breakage formula
- A right hair product which can keep your red hair color long lasting
- The shampoo also can fight against hair breakage
- Maximum hydration is produced
- Organic in nature and is safe for all hair types.
- Expensive Product
- Color fading in few hair types
20 – Color Mask Brown Hair Colored Shampoo
Color Mask Brown Hair Colored Shampoo is a sulfate free, vegan hair product suitable for all brown colored hair/brown hair. Deep nourishment, intensifying the hair tones and protection against color fading are the critical functions of Color Mask Brown Hair Colored Shampoo. The shampoo has formulated color pigments in it, which can improve your hair texture. You can get a smooth, silky hair till your next hair treatment if you use this Color Mask Shampoo regularly. The vegan Color Mask Shampoo is also paraben free and also contains UV rays protecting elements in it.
- No sulfate
- Suitable for Brown color hair
- Formulated color pigments
- Protects hair from UV rays
- Improves hair texture
- Naturally brown/ brown dyed can be well treated and maintained by this shampoo
- It can give your hair full nourishment with gentle protection against harmful UV rays
- Color Masking can be beautifully done well if you use this hair product every day.
- This shampoo has resulted in hair stripping in a few cases.
Best Shampoo For Color Treated Hair Buying Guide
Below are a few of the points that are necessary to consider before buying the best shampoo for color treated hair.
You can get your hair color treated and choose a shampoo for its protection, but you will also need to consider the hair type. Along with shield to the color of your hair, your shampoo should also be useful for your hair in general. If you have curly hair, dry hair, frizzy hair, straight hair, or damaged hair. Always consider that while buying your shampoo. The shampoo should be equipped to retain the color and suit your hair type.
Sulfate is not suitable for your hair. Choose a sulfate free shampoo for your hair. This shampoo stands ideal for all hair type. Sulfate does not do any good for your hair. It is a strong chemical that can cause dryness to your hair and also ruin the color by fading it sooner than it’s natural course would allow. Choose a shampoo gently that does not have sulfate as it reduces the sheen and vibrancy of the hair by roughing up the cuticle layer.
Coloring your hair exposes it to certain artificial chemicals, and it might make it more vulnerable. The colored hair needs protection against breakage. Color shampoo should have hydrating ingredients which hydrate your hair to have a guard against damage. Hydrating ingredients also improve the quality of hair and make them reliable and better from within. Choose a color shampoo that has natural ingredients that hydrate and nourish hair.
You need a shampoo that is formulated to give extra moisturizing for your hair. This is very important if you have curly or dry hair. Moisture will help to retain the vibrant color and also help to moisturize the hair, which will improve the general hair health. If your shampoo has natural moisturizers like aloe vera, it will benefit you in every wash. Your hair requires nourishment, and it can be delivered if the shampoo is moisturizing.
This is one of the critical features the shampoo must have. It should protect your hair color so that the color stays for a long time without any touch-up. The shampoo should have extra emollients and proteins. It is essential for shampoo to be able to seal the cuticle of hairs which can be done with emollients and proteins. If the hair cuticle is sealed, it will obstruct the leaking out of pigment, which blocks color fade and enhances the retention of long-lasting color.
Hair color shampoos are explicitly designed to protect and to improve hair color. It is imperative that the color is made more vivid and vibrant by using the shampoo. The shampoo should have formulas which give the hair a shiny luster that brings the color out more. Most of the color shampoos have the enhancing color ratio in them, check the label to verify. Wash your hair with a shampoo that makes the color better.
The color in your hair will fade a lot if exposed to the sun directly. Direct exposure to the sun means direct exposure to UV rays and other harmful pollutants. The shampoo should be equipped to fight against the UV rays. Your shampoo and conditioner should have UV filters which will provide you UV protection and also help against the other pollutants that can damage the hair and even cause the color fade. UV rays are not suitable for any hair type.
The products you use for hair color should have properties that help retain the color. Shampoo and conditioners have a color depositing formula. With every wash, it leaves a dye which works on reviving the color. This makes the color last longer than usual and saves regular touch-ups. It also makes hair color prominent and hair more silky and soft. Color shampoo that has color depositing formula is the best shampoo for color treated hair.
Dry shampoos could be the solution to getting the color to go on for a long time. While you cannot only use a dry shampoo always, it is a good pick for some days. Dry shampoo works, as the name, suggest, without any water. They don’t need water, and they also take away extra oil off the scalp. This means you can skip the shampooing. It also makes hair look fresh and bouncy, I mean what more could you ask for?
No Harsh Chemicals
This is very important in case of all shampoos. Chemicals cause damage to hair and even more so on color treated hair. All the safe color products that you use should not contain any chemicals like sulfate, paraben, alcohol, salt, or even any artificial fragrance. These might cause the hair to go dry and the color to fade. The chemicals strip the color and moisture off while cleaning the hair and also do not maintain the required pH balance. Choose a shampoo that cleans and protects you naturally.
These are a few of the things that one must consider before purchasing the best shampoo for color treated hair. Hair is volatile, and anything can react to them, so it is essential to make safe and healthy choices when choosing a shampoo. Choose a natural, organic, chemical-free color shampoo to get the best results.
Few Tips And Tricks To Retain The Color
While choosing a good shampoo will resolve you of your underlying problems, you can never fall short of tricks to help improve hair. Hair care is essential and should not be neglected. Small things like using ammonia-free hair dye can make a massive difference to your hair quality. Below are some of tips and tricks to retain color on color treated hair for a long time
Wait For The First Shampoo
After you have colored your hair, do not rush to shampoo it. If a good salon has done it, you would be advised to wait for sometime before washing. Some of the cuticles in hair might get open during coloring, and these open cuticles are susceptible to color fading. It is best to not shampoo for 72 hours after coloring. This helps to give time to the hair cuticle to close out. Hence the risk of losing color will be minimal.
Skip Washing Whenever You Can
Harsh cleansers and water are both a few of the reasons that the hair color might start fading. Washing your hair frequently exposes hair to both these components, so the risk of hair losing its color and even gray hair is plausible. It is best to put time between washes so that the exposure of hair to water and cleanser is minimized. Skip shampooing if your hair is not too oily. This does not mean shampooing is terrible, it just means a little more precaution will not hurt anyone.
Keep Good Time Gap Between Two Shampoos
Some people are into the habit of washing their hair daily. Even if your hair type allows that washing your hair daily, means subjecting it to losing it’s color reasonably soon, then it would usually. If you have to shampoo then use a dry shampoo. That means you are skipping the water, nourishing your hair, and still getting the look you always desired. Dry shampoo seems like the best bet to me.
Reduce the number of hot water showers. Hot water makes the hair cuticles more vulnerable, and the hair becomes more likely to lose the color. Lower the temperature of water while showers. Hot water is not good even for dry or frizzy hair. It takes away the moisture. Use lukewarm or cold water to wash your hair; there will be a considerable difference in hair quality and color retention
These are the few things you must know about and be aware of when choosing the best shampoo for color treated hair. There is no hard science, just pure logic behind what the hair needs. Give the hair what it needs, and it might just be the best hack you have ever come across. Nourish your hair and love it, the hair will start glowing, and you will get the confidence boost you always wanted.
Plastic surgeon and IPL professional. Combining the best technologies with professional skills to help clients become happier.