Looking at the overall development of natural products for hair, organic shampoos have been formulated in the 90s, which is comparatively recent. Up until then, natural shampoos were not effectively even formulated, and organic shampoos were not yet discovered. With the expansion in technologies, more and more advanced formulas have led to the discovery of shampoo that is not just natural but also organic. While searching for the best organic shampoo, you need to be careful with the originality of the product in the market.
A lot of people use natural shampoo as same and use them interchangeably. Natural shampoo is made out of natural ingredients whereas organic shampoo is a shampoo that is made out of natural ingredients where the chemicals such as pesticides were not used even when they are grown on the field or as plants. These are, deservingly, a notch better than the natural shampoos as there is absolutely no chemical exposure for these.
- Top 10 Best Organic Shampoos of 2021
- 1 – Nurture My Body Natural Everyday Shampoo
- 2 – Soapberry Lavender Essentials Organic Shampoo
- 3 – Dr. Alkaitis Natural Shampoo
- 4 – Maple Holistic Antidandruff Natural Shampoo
- 5 – PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo
- 6 – Art Naturals Argan oil Based Natural Shampoo
- 7 – Sweet Spot Naturals Hair Color Shampoo and Conditioner
- 8 – Maple Holistics Organic Tea Tree Oil Based Shampoo
- 9 – Moroccan oil Frizz Free Shampoo
- 10 – Maple Holistics Natural Hair Wash
- Best Organic Shampoo Buying Guide
- Things To Look For In The Best Organic Shampoo
- Benefits Of The Best Organic Shampoo
- Frequently Asked Questions about Organic Shampoos
Top 10 Best Organic Shampoos of 2021
Hair specialists and Trichologists have often helped us in understanding the necessity of our hair and tips for hair nourishment. With their recommendation, we have selected the top 10 Best Organic Shampoo, which will help you to choose the best for your hair.
1 – Nurture My Body Natural Everyday Shampoo
No products found.
Nurture My Body Natural Everyday Shampoo is a formulated shampoo for your everyday hair routine. The necessary components present in the Nurture My Body Natural every day
The shampoo is 18 organic products. These organic ingredients are all plant-based, helps in deep cleansing and hair strengthening. Seaweed extract and chamomile flowers content in the shampoo can give you soft luminous hair.
The organic everyday shampoo gently nourishes your hair and maintains the hydration level of your hair at a peak level. Apart from healthy hair, the shampoo also works great for color treated hair as well.
As there is no content of harmful toxins like sulfate, paraben, petrochemicals, and harsh detergents, so you never have to worry about hair stripping. Deprived of any fabricated essence, the Nurture organic shampoo works great for mild cleansing of your scalp and produces a healthy, manageable hair.
- 18 Natural oils content
- Suitable for normal hair
- 100% organic plant-based
- An everyday hair product
- Treats well the color hair
- No fabricated essence
- Sulfate free
- No paraben
- Produces soft, manageable hair instantly
- Results in no hair stripping
- Nurture My Body Natural Everyday Shampoo provides brilliant moisture to your hair. The organic plant-based ingredients work great for strengthening your hair texture.
- You can get an improved volume in your hair by using this shampoo regularly.
- The mild and pleasant aroma of the hair product can give you a relaxing bathing experience.
- An expensive product as compared to other similar shampoos
- In case you have a sensitive scalp, after applying the shampoo, you might feel itchy and dryness on your scalp. It can be solved by adding a few drops of conditioner to your hair after washing with this shampoo.
2 – Soapberry Lavender Essentials Organic Shampoo
Soapberry Lavender essentials is an advanced formula designed for treating dry and itchy scalp. The soft lather with a magnificent essence of lavender can relax your mind and body. The average ph balance of every hair is of 5.5. A soothing, gentle lather formed by this shampoo can protect your skin from peeling off and maintains the exact ph balance. Saponin and lavender extract in the shampoo plays an essential role in producing that soft lather. The Soapberry shampoo is also formulated with concentrated coconut oil, which helps in proper hair nourishment. Aloe Vera, Chamomile, olive leaves, and argan oil composition can work brilliantly to give you soft glowing hair.
Soapberry Lavender essentials is purely hypoallergenic and does not contain any harmful toxins like sulfates, parabens, DEA/MEA, SLS, gluten, silicon, and artificial fragrance. Dermatologists have recommended this product as a vegan product which is excellent for the baby scalp. The shampoo contains no fabricated color and is non-allergic, which makes it suitable for all hair types.
- Suitable for dry scalp
- Natural and organic
- Moisturizes hair
- Ideal for all hair types
- Maintains ph level
- Aloe Vera, Chamomile, olive leaves, and argan oil combination
- Enriched with coconut benefits
- Gentle soft lather
- No chemicals
- Free of sulfates, parabens, DEA/MEA, SLS, gluten and color
- The baby scalp can be taken care
- Anti-dandruff agent
- Mild lavender essence
- Thin, dehydrated rough hair can be treated well by using the Soapberry shampoo effectively
- The pleasant lavender aroma can give you a calming mind
- Coconut extracts present can thoroughly deep cleanse your hair shaft while hydrating your hair completely.
- Not a budget-friendly hair product. It is expensive.
- Few users have experienced drying and frizzy hair after application of this shampoo
- Often a greasy residue has been left over in the hair by using Soapberry Lavender essentials shampoo.
3 – Dr. Alkaitis Natural Shampoo
Dr. Alkaitis Natural Shampoo is an organic herbal based shampoo for all types of hair. Based on 100% natural plant and organic ingredients, the Dr. Alkaitis Natural Shampoo helps in revitalizing the skin functions. The fantastic combination of Vitamin E and B helps to generate nourished wholesome hair. The herbal based Alkaitis shampoo is safe and vegan hair product which focuses on deep cleansing of your hair roots. The medical benefits of this shampoo with the presence of thick essential oils, make it appropriate for all types of hair, including the chemical color treated coarse hair. The best part of the Dr. Alkaitis Natural Shampoo is the conditioning properties inside the shampoo. Hence it never comes with a separate conditioner accompanied with it.
- Best For all and every hair type
- Moisturizes the rough color treated hair
- 100% botanic based
- Herbal shampoo
- Designated organic product found
- Vitamin E and B blend
- Safe product
- Shampoo works like deep conditioning agent
- Medicinal property benefits
- Vegan in nature
- Alkaitis Natural Shampoo helps in regulating the blood flow appropriately to your skin cells and hair roots
- The combined vitamins and essential oils can retain hydration in your hair for an extended period
- Alkaitis Natural Shampoo arrives with a pleasant aroma
- Alkaitis shampoo is pretty expensive though you don’t have to spend anything extra for buying on any conditioner. Because this shampoo has conditioning benefits.
- Few users have experienced dry and itchy scalp as a result of using this shampoo
4 – Maple Holistic Antidandruff Natural Shampoo
Maple Holistic Antidandruff Natural Shampoo is a therapeutic solution for your dry scalp and dandruff problems. The blend of Argan oil, jojoba oil, and peach kernel firmly vitalizes your hair root. The Maple Holistic Antidandruff Natural Shampoo, when applied on the dry scalp, soothes the flakey skin and eliminates the dirt clogging from the skin pores. Therefore the shampoo results in healthy shiny hair.
The keratin content of the shampoo uplifts the hair volume and lessens down the frizz from your hair. Being organic the Maple, shampoo is deprived of chemical toxins like sulfates, parabens, and preservatives. For hair hydration, the manufacturers have incorporated the mild sage rosemary oil and tea tree essentials gently in the product. The vitamin components of this shampoo prevent hair fall and split ends. Maple Holistic Antidandruff Natural Shampoo is suitable for every hair type, including harsh color-treated hair too.
- Treats dandruff
- Argan oil, jojoba oil, and peach kernel found
- Keratin induced
- Increases hair volume
- No sulfates, parabens, and preservatives
- Sage rosemary oil and tea tree essentials combined
- Suitable for all hair types
- Both men and women can use it
- Good for color treated hair
- The tea tree oil extracts present in the shampoo can also help your skin against any fungi or bacterial issue.
- An excellent hair product which can fight against dry and frizz of your hair
- Soothing aroma
- Few users have experienced dry and itchy scalp issue even after applying the shampoo
- Maple Holistic Antidandruff Natural Shampoo was ineffective in a few cases against dandruff treatment.
5 – PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo
PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo is manufactured especially thinking about the thin hair texture. Due to the presence of perfect vitamin E blend, the PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo works effectively against the dry, itchy scalp. The vegan shampoo provides brilliant moisture to your hair and gives a high shine. Combination of a blend of Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil improves the thin hair texture effectively and uplifts the hair volume. PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo is hypoallergenic and contains no harmful chemicals. The organic shampoo works well against the hard, brittle hair and makes your hair softer and manageable easily.
- Protects hair from thinning
- Vitamin E content
- Moisturizes hair
- Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil present
- Uplifts hair volume
- No harsh chemicals
- For all hair types
- Men and Women
- Helps in enhancing hair volume
- Suitable for providing hydration to your hair and prevents hair damage
- The PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo helps in decreasing the hair thinning or hair fall issue effectively
- The PURA D’OR Medicated Shampoo has resulted in drying scalp after its application
- Few users have experienced extreme hair tangling issues after using this shampoo
6 – Art Naturals Argan oil Based Natural Shampoo
Art Naturals Argan oil Based Natural Shampoo is a hydrating formula for your daily hair care. The soft blend of Aloe leaves, Tea tree oil, organic Biolage oil hydrates every hair strands softly and thoroughly. Argan oil is also an essential component of this product, which helps in hair strengthening. The coal tar solution present in the Art Naturals shampoo works excellent against dandruff and dry flakes of your scalp. Calming the dry or itchy scalp and nourishing the hair to the fullest is the primary function of Art Naturals Argan oil Based Natural Shampoo.
- Hydrates hair
- Removes dandruff
- Argan oil
- Aloe leaves, Tea tree oil and biolage oil found
- Coal tar present
- An excellent hair product for dandruff treatment at home
- The Art Natural Argan oil shampoo works fantastic in removing dandruff and damaged skin cells from the skin
- The smell of Art Naturals Argan oil Based Natural Shampoo is not that great
- For a few users, the Art Naturals Argan oil Based Natural Shampoo couldn’t justify in removing dandruff properly. Especially for dry, sensitive scalp, it is advised to refer to a doctor before using this product.
7 – Sweet Spot Naturals Hair Color Shampoo and Conditioner
Sweet Spot Naturals Hair Color Shampoo and Conditioner like the name suggests is an advanced solution for your colored hair. When we color our hair, all of us want that color to be long-last and not wash away. Sweet Spot Naturals have designed the shampoo and conditioner to maintain the hair color for a long time as much possible without any hair damage. Organic ingredients like Aloe Vera, Manuka honey, Coconut Oil Extract, and Australian Cehami works excellent for color retention and hair strengthening.
Both the Sweet Spot shampoo and conditioner is free of harsh chemicals like parabens, dyes, fragrance, or alcohol. Sweet Spot Naturals Hair Color Shampoo and Conditioner takes exceptional care of cleansing the hair without any sulfate content as sulfate worsens the skin condition.
- Suitable for colored hair
- Natural ingredients Aloe Vera, Manuka honey, Coconut Oil Extract, and Australian Cehami
- Retains hair color for long-lasting
- No chemicals, or Sulfate
- Free of parabens, dyes, fragrance or alcohol
- Deep cleansing
- Sweet Spot Naturals Hair Color Shampoo and Conditioner nourishes colored hair properly
- Amazing pleasant smell
- The Sweet Spot shampoo helps in color retention and gives voluminous hair instantly.
- It is a reasonably expensive product
- Few users have experienced hair strands getting dried after using the Sweet Spot Naturals Hair Color Shampoo and Conditioner
8 – Maple Holistics Organic Tea Tree Oil Based Shampoo
Maple Holistics Organic Tea Tree oil based Shampoo is an effective anti-dandruff shampoo containing all the natural ingredients in it. Maple Holistics Organic Tea Tree oil based Shampoo is suitable for all types of hair, including men, women, and children. The best part of the shampoo it doesn’t contain any sulfate and works brilliantly against hair thinning and lice treatment.
The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of the shampoo, help in deep cleansing of all the impurities from your scalp. Tea tree oil is the necessary ingredient of this shampoo. Tea tree oil helps in adequate hair growth and works fantastic for eliminating dandruff from dry scalp. Lavender and rosemary extracts help in proper eradication of colored lice and give you healthy natural hair. Being hypoallergenic the Maple Holistics Organic Tea Tree oil based Shampoo is deprived of chemical content and is a completely safe product.
- Anti-dandruff shampoo
- Excellent lice treatment shampoo
- Suitable for all hair types
- Men, women, and children can use
- No sulfate content
- Tea tree oil based
- Lavender and rosemary oil found
- Strong natural hair
- Moisturizes the hair follicles
- The Shampoo works brilliantly against the dry, itchy scalp and provides enough moisture
- Helps in deep cleansing the hair without any greasy residue on your scalp
- For a few users, the oil retention of this product in the scalp was not long lasting. Hence itchiness and dry flakes were found.
- The smell of this hair product is not that great. It has potent tea tree oil based aroma.
9 – Moroccan oil Frizz Free Shampoo
No products found.
Moroccan oil Frizz Free Shampoo has been formulated especially for those dry, frizzy hair. It is a mild product which can soothe and calm every hair types effectively. The Moroccan oil frizz-free shampoo hydrates the hair follicles to the peak level and gives you a soft and healthy textured hair. The main ingredients of this shampoo are all natural herbs and organic ingredients. The excellent blend of Moroccan argan oil cleanses the hair and prevents split ends, hair fall smoothly. As there is no sulfate and paraben, the shampoo works brilliantly on colored hair too. It is a vegan product.
Moroccan oil Frizz Free Shampoo has a mild citric aroma. The primary function of this shampoo is to give proper nourishment to your curly hair without any damage. Chamomile flower extract is present in the shampoo, which fights against thick dandruff on your scalp.
- Prevents dry and frizzy hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Colored hair can be treated well
- Moroccan oil, argan oil content
- Herb extracts like chamomile flower, elderflower, etc.
- Citrus, mild aroma
- Cleanses hair thoroughly
- Hydration maintenance
- No Sulfate and paraben
- Moroccan oil Frizz Free Shampoo helps in color retention of your hair by maintaining proper hydration.
- The shampoo also promotes hair growth and strengthening effectively
- Pleasant mild aroma of the shampoo can boost your mind and body all day
- For a few users, the shampoo couldn’t retain the hair color for an extended period.
- The regular application of the Moroccan oil Frizz Free Shampoo has resulted in dry, rough hair.
10 – Maple Holistics Natural Hair Wash
Maple Holistics Natural Hair wash is a solution for your greasy, oily scalp treatment. Lemon, rosemary oil, jojoba oil is blended brilliantly to give you an oil-free lustrous hair. Basil content in the shampoo works against dandruff. The gentle Maple Holistics Natural Hair wash promotes healthy hair growth while hydrating the hair follicles correctly. Due to the presence of lemon in the shampoo, you will never have to worry about the sebum secretion and ph balance of your skin.
Another function of the Maple Holistics Natural Hair product is to regulate the bloodstream correctly through your scalp and rejuvenating your hair growth. No frizz and dry flakes are guaranteed if you use this shampoo regularly. Keratin treatment by the Maple Holistics Natural Hair wash is done smoothly. Any user with sensitive skin can use the Maple Holistic Shampoo as it is entirely organic and safe.
- Treats oily greasy scalp
- Lemon, rosemary oil, jojoba oil content
- Basil extracts
- Ph balance maintained
- Rejuvenates the hair growth
- Removes dandruff
- Keratin treatment
- No frizz
- Suitable for Men and women with sensitive skin
- Maple Holistics Natural Hair wash can help in hydrating any hair, including the colored hair. It safely removes the excess oil and dirt from the scalp.
- Maple Holistics shampoo can give your hair enhanced volume
- An excellent shampoo for everyday use
- The shampoo helps in cell renewal stimulation effectively on your hair and scalp
- Maple Holistics Natural Hair wash can result in drying your hair at times. For that, it is advised to add a conditioner after using this shampoo to get a beautifully textured hair.
- An expensive product.
Best Organic Shampoo Buying Guide
Organic Shampoo Vs. Commercial Shampoo
Let us take a look at the exact differences between these shampoos and commercial shampoos to draw out the conclusions for you to decide which one is better and why. This should be similar to the old organic v/s synthetic debate with the perspective of a shampoo
A significant point of distinguish between types of shampoo is the usage of the chemical and the extent of chemical present in the shampoos. While some say that not all chemicals are harmful, the pollutants in the air show a different picture.
Organic: There is no presence of chemicals at all. The use of chemicals is eliminated right from the stage of producing the ingredients; this makes organic shampoo chemical free.
Commercial: The chemicals are used and involved in all the stages of manufacture. The formula for shampoo is based on the various chemicals and their mixing. So these could be called as chemically packed shampoo.
The approach and effect of each of these shampoo concerning harshness is the exact opposite depending upon the type of shampoo. You need to be aware of what you expose your hair to and what would be the effect that it can have.
Organic: These heal and work on hair naturally. The ingredients are soothing and not at all harsh on the hair or scalp. Which means it is a good option for color treated hair as well as a suitable replacement for gray hair shampoos.
Commercial: The shampoo is made based on chemicals. It uses powerful chemicals which might work on hair but simultaneously also be harsh, which can lead to dry hair. Unless you have healthy hair, commercial shampoos can make your hair dry.
Moisture Of Hair
The shampoo is the most used product on your hair, and it is used to clean and guard your hair. However, shampoo can have moisturizing qualify as well if you choose the correct shampoo.
Organic: An organic shampoo with moisturizing ingredients like coconut oil which work on hair naturally and leave hair feeling soft and moisturized. It does not cause any loss of moisture; in fact, it provides moisture to the hair.
Commercial: With a mixture of so many chemicals, using commercial shampoo, in the long run, strips the hair of moisture. While commercial shampoos also come with a mix of natural ingredients but still can affect adversely on the humidity of the hair.
Shampoos are made from different components and formulas. Anyone of the ingredient could cause a side effect or an allergy to you. This can cause scalp boils or damaged hair.
Organic: All Organic ingredients are used in making the shampoo, and the components are your daily products like Shea butter or natural oils. The chances of side effects are as good as nil unless you have a specific allergy in which case you must stay away from that ingredient.
Commercial: The shampoo is made up of chemicals like sulfate and gluten. There are also chemicals used which you might not be aware of, and that increases the chances of side effects on hair. Exposing your hair to chemicals, you don’t know the impact of is risky and disastrous.
Impact on the environment is a significant effect for some people. The making of shampoo and the process impact on environment differs for each type of shampoo
Organic: These contain merely natural ingredients and the method to make these is also organic and does not impact the environment. These are eco-friendly and does not cause any impact on the global warming situation.
Commercial: These are made and manufactured in factories after the formula is derived. The impact on the environment is high in the form of waste from industries and the chemicals released in the process.
Most people use the shampoo twice a week, while some use the shampoo daily. It depends on the requirement and the type of hair. That decides the exposure of hair to the shampoo.
Organic: The exposure does not matter per set in case of certified organic shampoo. It is naturally working on hair, so using it large number of times is not going to impact hair health.
Commercial: The exposure is directly related to the impact on hair health. With so many chemical components, the higher exposure would mean more damage prone hair. Washing hair with a commercial shampoo daily is not advisable, and even dermatologists prohibit it.
The hair type is always crucial to the kind of shampoo you choose. It should still be considered before deciding the best organic shampoo for your hair. Here the type of hair matters different for both kinds of shampoo
Organic: Organic shampoo is best for all hair types. It does not affect any hair adversely and can be used universally. The only difference would be the ingredients used which should be defined based on the hair type.
Commercial: A commercial shampoo is not for all hair type. Using a chemically infused shampoo on dry hair will only dry them more and even damage the hair. So these cannot be used on all hair type. They work best on robust and straight hair.
Hair-care has become increasingly popular and is gaining a lot of momentum recently. People love pampering their hair using useful products and are increasingly aware of the right and wrong, which makes them take all right decisions.
Organic: An organic shampoo will make your hair very good and reliable naturally. Additionally, it will prepare your hair for any of the durable styling products you might want to use. Organic shampoo is the best hair-care option.
Commercial: A commercial shampoo has chemicals, and it is known to clean hair using various detergents. It means your hair is exposed to chemicals and you using styling products would mean double exposure to chemicals which might not be your best bet.
These are few of the pointers that identify the exact difference between an organic and a chemical shampoo. Moreover, it also shows how much difference it will make to your hair by making this simple shift from commercial shampoo to the best organic shampoo. Choosing chemicals is never a good option.
Things To Look For In The Best Organic Shampoo
Now that it has been emphasized on the essential and effective organic shampoos are as compared to usual commercial shampoos, there are still a few things that should be considered before you go ahead and the choice for a natural shampoo. With the increasing popularity, you will find a lot of options available for the organic shampoos in the market, consider the below points before choosing the one actual product:
It is vital to check what are the ingredients that the shampoo contains. First, all ingredients should be organic ingredients. Then amongst the organic ingredients, you must choose the shampoo that has ingredients which are favorable for you like green tea which can be soothing and moisturizing, coconut oil which has hydrating and antifungal properties or Shea butter which has deep moisturizing properties and can make hair feeling very soft.
The golden rule of organic shampoos is that it must not contain any chemicals. So the first thing is to check the label if there are any chemicals included in the shampoo. The shampoo should be absolutely sulfate free and gluten free. Any amount of chemical presence defeats the purpose of organic shampoo. There should be no chemical traces as the ingredients are produced in a thoroughly natural environment.
An organic shampoo should have the features of moisturizing the hair. Natural ingredients can have hair healing and soothing qualities, as well as antibacterial properties. You need to make sure a moisturizing ingredient is also a part of the shampoo formula that the shampoo is made up of. Hair moisturizing is essential, and it should not be overlooked or sidestepped.
Certified organic shampoos are good for hair growth. They go into the scalp and nourish the hair from the roots. It also nourishes the scalp and helps with hair growth. The organic shampoo has both growing and repairing properties, and they can effectively help to reduce hair loss and also facilitate new hair growth. A lot of dermatologists advises it as a good option for hair care.
Since the organic shampoos are made from scratch and take a lot of efforts right from the start of producing the natural ingredient to the actual making of shampoo. Due to all these efforts, it can cost on the heavier side of the pocket. The prices are relatively high, but the benefits are also worth the amount that has been assigned. So if you do a cost-benefit analysis, it will prove to be a good deal.
Choosing a good brand is very important for selecting the best organic shampoo. You will find a lot of products in the market which claims to be organic shampoos but are not entirely organic. A lot of brands regard the shampoo as organic shampoo even when they use fewer chemicals, which is incorrect. Choose a reliable brand and read the product reviews before deciding on the shampoo
People with hair issues like dry hair, damaged hair, or scalp should choose these products due to their antifungal and healing properties. Green tea and tea tree oil are two of the efficient antifungal properties which can help to reduce the severe hair issues and also help to prevent them in the future. It is a good practice to check if the shampoo has these properties, particularly for people with hair issues.
Most shampoos are universal. They are suitable for all hair types and can be used daily if the need so arrives. Make sure that the shampoo is labeled as comprehensive and read the reviews to find if there are any issues for any issues with using this on particular hair types. You must always be vigilant about the kind of product you expose yourself too, even if it is supposed to be organic.
These are a few of the points that should be considered before you buy the best organic shampoo. These will help to make your shift to the new shampoo seamless and hair wash a fantastic experience for you. Always choose any product for your hair with caution and awareness so that you are protecting your hair from any further damage as well as using the right shampoo to improve the hair condition.
Benefits Of The Best Organic Shampoo
The use of these shampoos and conditioners is exceptionally smooth, and it benefits your hair in a lot of ways. Shampoos can change the hair condition and better it. You have already seen how these are better than the commercial chemical shampoos, below should tell you how these are a better choice even individually:
Organic shampoo is not harsh or cruel to your hair in any way. Absence of chemical makes them friendly to hair. They work on hair systematically and naturally with no side effects or any adverse effects. You will not have to bother about hair getting damaged with the use of organic shampoos. They are known for their active and harmless properties that condition the hair. Being cruelty-free is the unique selling point of organic shampoos.
The health of your hair is vital. You will feel good if your hair feels good. It takes immense efforts and all the right products to make your hair smooth, shiny, and beautiful. Your shampoo is the most used product on your hair and is responsible for cleaning, moisturizing, and hydrating your hair. An excellent hair product can do all of these and also create a protective cover that will shield you from pollutants and likely harms.
You style your hair by using numerable styling products. There are products like hair spray, hair extensions, and so on and so forth. All these products cause stress on hair and also expose them to chemicals. Organic shampoo can nullify the effect of these styling products with it’s natural and hydrating ingredients. This is one of the most sought out benefits of the organic shampoos. You need to style your hair, and if someone protects them from harm, that is favorable to you.
Your hair shows the effect of what you eat and what you think. Any stress or incorrect diet can cause premature aging, and the graying of hair can start early. Organic shampoo can protect the hair color from roots and help to keep it intact. It can also help to preserve and protect the color treated hair from losing their color. It will prolong the freshness on hair for a more extended period.
Easy On Scalp
A lot of people forget taking care of their scalp. Your scalp is the root of all your hair, and having an active and well-nourished scalp can help to improve the hair quality automatically. This is a great advantage of organic shampoos. They work on your scalp and provide it the nutrients it needs and make it secure. It heals flaky and dry scalp, boils on the scalp and makes it healthy again without any chemicals.
We use a lot of heating products such as blow dryer, curling iron, and straightening machine. All of these expose the hair and scalp to extreme heat. This can be made better with the help of organic shampoo. It soothes and cools the scalp and nullifies the heat effect from these tools. The organic shampoo has ingredients like coconut oil, which are cooling agents.
These are a few of the benefits that are derived from the usage of organic shampoos. If you have chosen the best organic shampoo, it can help you in a lot of other ways as well.
Frequently Asked Questions about Organic Shampoos
Together with experts we decided to answer the most frequently asked questions related to the shampoos below.
The safest shampoo for colored or chemically treated hair is organic or natural shampoos. It never results in unnecessary hair fall. The presence of brilliant nutrients, vitamins, and extensive oils in these shampoos helps in retaining the hair moisture for an extended period. Usage of these shampoos regularly in your bathing routine can give you radiant, healthy hair.
Washing your hair every day with any shampoo is never recommended, not even organic shampoo. You can use it twice or thrice a week. Excessive usage of shampoo can result in hair frizz, unwanted hair fall, and disturbs the ph balance of your hair. In a week, if you apply natural shampoos twice a week, it can result in healthy beautiful hair. However, you can wash your hair with pure water every day.
You can use organic shampoo in the following ways:
– First and foremost, always wet your hair before applying the shampoo. Use lukewarm water and try to avoid boiling water.
– Apply the shampoo and gently massage on your hair from the scalp till the hair ends.
– Make sure that gentle, thick foam is formed between your thumb pad and scalp.
– Clean the hair strands and scalp well
– With warm water, you can rinse through and apply any mild conditioner.
– Repeat it every twice or thrice a week.
Organic shampoo consists of natural ingredients like herbal extracts, tea tree oil or Shea butter, etc. These ingredients work best for your hair follicles. Different poor scalp conditions like itchy skin or dandruff etc. can be benefitted by using the organic shampoo firmly. All kinds of dirt, dust, etc. can be easily removed by using this kind of shampoo.
Hair fall can occur at any age. Mainly thin hair or hair fall can result due to heredity, stress, bad lifestyle, or even due to any medicinal effect. Shampoos containing sodium lauryl sulfate, myreth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, olefin sulfate should be avoided if you are facing any issues with hair fall. Usually, in organic shampoos and conditioners, beta-glucan is present, which can relieve the irritated scalp and enhances hair growth.
Organic shampoos contain no sulfate, parabens, or harmful chemicals. It helps to increase the hair moisture and revives the dead hair follicles.
Yes, you can. Organic shampoo being mild, the herbal shampoos are best for treating dandruff and itchy scalp. Organic shampoos can bring a natural shine in your hair. If you have color treated hair, then the color radiance can be locked for an extended period. Individuals with dry and frizzy hair can also opt for natural shampoos. The plant extracts can efficiently hydrate the scalp and enhance hair growth.
These are some of the points that can help to tell you the importance of the best organic shampoos, how they are better than chemical shampoos and also what you should check before buying any organic shampoo so that you choose the best one. Hope it helps to give you the awareness and information you need to find your next shampoo.
Professional dermatologist and beauty expert. Passionate about helping people solve their skin- and hair-care issues.