While hair care, in general, is critical and time-consuming, it is a whole another level for your natural hair. Natural hair is the hair which has not been treated chemically using chemical straighteners. They are in their natural form, and it has been seen that generally, these are curly hair. People frequently opt for curly hair shampoos for these type of hair, whereas that might not be your ideal choice. You need to look for the best shampoo for natural hair, and there are a lot of options which can be considered and chosen.
- Top 10 Best Shampoo For Natural Hair
- 1 – Hydratherma Naturals Boosting Natural Moisturizing Shampoo
- 2 – Shea Moisture Black Jamaican Combination Pack Leave-In Conditioner
- 3 – Pura D’OR Gold Original Anti-Thinning Solution
- 4 – Pureology Moisturizing Hair Shampoo
- 5 – Loma Moisturizing Hair Care Shampoo
- 6 – Mielle Babassu Hair Conditioning Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- 7 – Alikay Naturals Coco Milk Caribbean Natural Shampoo
- 8 – Elucence Hydration Benefits Hair Lotion
- 9 – Pravana Intense Leave-In Treatment Shampoo Therapy
- 10 – Pravana Deep Moisturizing Therapy Leave-In Treatment Shampoo
- Best shampoo for natural hair buying guide
- Factors to be considered when buying the best shampoo for natural hair
- Do’s And Don’ts For Natural Hair
- FAQs Regarding Best Shampoo For Natural Hair
Top 10 Best Shampoo For Natural Hair
Dermatologist & skin specialist often assisted us with their best consultation, tips, and tricks helping out your skin and scalp. Today we are here with their help presenting the top 10 best shampoos for natural shampoo.
1 – Hydratherma Naturals Boosting Natural Moisturizing Shampoo
The natural shampoo has been manufactured specially with stimulating marine extracts. It has the presence of Seaweed, Algae & Sea Kelp with a tinge of essential oils in the composition. Blend of all these essential nutrients helps to maintain the hydration level of the hair cuticles properly.
For extreme moisture retaining process, the omega acids 3 and six are mixed in the composition so that it can reach the hair strands effectively till 8%. If you have detangled hair or itchy scalp, you should opt for this natural shampoo to get frizz-free smooth hair.
Your scalp can be hydrated well, and you can get relief from dandruff or dry flakes if you regularly use this product. The superior quality of proteins is also added in the formula to protect hair fall, increase the secretion of sebaceous gland and hair strengthening purpose — ideal for all hair types, including chemical or color treated hair.
- Marine extracts present such as seaweed, algae, etc
- Essential nutrients present
- Hydrates hair strands
- Protein content
- Prevents hair fall, dry scalp, and dandruff
- Increases sebaceous gland secretion
- Suitable for all types of hair
- Shampoo for color-treated hair types
- You can get easy detangled and manageable hair by using this product.
- A lovely pleasant smell can refresh you for a long day
- Helps to cleanse the hair and removes the dirt rightly.
- It is expensive shampoo as compared to other natural shampoos
2 – Shea Moisture Black Jamaican Combination Pack Leave-In Conditioner
A strong natural solution by the manufactures specially formulated for your daily hair care routine. Organic raw Shea butter is blended with enriched organic ingredients to deliver a substantial amount of hydration to your hair strands effectively. It is generally seen the dry, dehydrated hair lacks in moisture and results in brittle curls, frizz, etc. To get a solution for this, the Shea enriched natural shampoo is excellent.
The peppermint content in the formula helps to soothe itchy dry scalp and promotes blood circulation. Hence you can get a nourished rejuvenating hair effortlessly. For damaged curls and rectifying split ends, black Jamaican castor oil is combined with omegas in the shampoo. A balanced ph level of your hair can be maintained with the apple cedar vinegar composition in it. As a result of using this shampoo regularly, you can get soft curls and detangled manageable, healthy hair.
- Raw Shea butter present
- Hydrates hair strands
- Excellent for dry, damaged hair
- Peppermint, Jamaican black castor oil, Apple cedar vinegar content
- Rejuvenates hair
- Itchy scalp can be treated well
- Balances the ph level of your hair
- Detangles hair
- Soft curls can be achieved
- Curly hair can be managed brilliantly by using this product
- Shea butter works wonderfully against brittle hair and reduces hair fall
- This leave-in conditioner never forms any greasy texture in your hair strands after its application
- The smell is not that great
- An expensive hair product which might not suit your budget
3 – Pura D’OR Gold Original Anti-Thinning Solution
To get a thick nourished hair, you can invest in this hair product. Mainly if you are dealing with thin hair issues, it is the best solution for you. Hair fall and split ends can be reduced efficiently if you apply this every day. Presence of vitamin blends provides excess nourishment and hydration to your dry, dehydrated scalp. In case you have itchy scalp and brittle hair strands, this hair product can give you smooth, manageable hair.
A smooth combination of different natural ingredients like Argan oil, Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil can give your hair strength completely. Tea tree and Niacin blend can help in moisture retention for a long span of duration from scalp to hair tip. You can rest assured with this safe product as it contains no harmful chemicals. It is vegan and hypoallergenic; extremely suitable for all hair types both in men and women.
- Thin hair, hair fall can be treated well
- Reduces split ends
- Take cares of your damaged, itchy scalp
- Vitamin content
- Argan oil, Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil content
- Tea tree oil and niacin is infused
- Deprived of harmful chemicals
- Suitable for all hair types including both men and women
- You can get a manageable voluminized hair by applying it regularly
- Hair fall can be minimized till absolutely zero
- A delightful smell can refresh your bathing routine
- Few users have opined that hair growth and hair fall reduction was not noticeable as much as portrayed
- A high-end hair product which might not suit your budget
4 – Pureology Moisturizing Hair Shampoo
It has been formulated sulfate free to give you a clean and hydrated hair strand. The solution is vegan. Presence of Aloe Vera extracts can maintain the humidification of your hair properly. In case you have colored hair, you can easily use this formula for retaining your color shine for a long span of duration.
AntiFade Complex prevents the vibrancy of your hair color whereas a superb Hydrating Micro-Emulsion Technology intensely keeps moisturization level of your hair at peak. It can work like magic for dry, dehydrated colored hair; however, you can use it for normal to thick hair types. Absolute hair follicle strengthening can be achieved by using this hair product.
- No sulfate
- Aloe extracts present
- Hydrates completely
- AntiFade Complex & Hydrating Micro-Emulsion Technology induced
- Suitable for all hair types from normal to thick
- Extremely wonderful for colored hair
- Maintains bright color of the hair
- Healthy radiant, shiny hair can be derived
- You can get frizz free hair
- It helps to cleanse the dirty and greasy hair
- The beautiful aroma of the product can be mesmerizing
- Few users have experienced extreme dry hair after using this product.
5 – Loma Moisturizing Hair Care Shampoo
It is composed by combining aloe complex and certified enriched nutrients. The hair product can enhance hair growth and protect your damaged hair. When you apply it regularly, you will get hydrated hair strands with a bright shine. It is suitable for all hair types. In case you have colored treated hair, if you use this shampoo, you will notice hair color can be retained for a longer period because of the presence of creatine.
Cranberry and pear extracts are present in the hair solution to give you nourished healthy hair. Olive oil can add a lustrous volume to your hair strands and exceptional healing to your dry scalp. For rebuilding damaged hair, this product works 35% more effectively than any other shampoo or even keratin treatment. Some other essential ingredients present in the composition are mango, orange, tangerine, avocado seed oil, quinoa protein, and jojoba seed oil.
- Aloe extract content
- Certified natural ingredients found
- Protects hair from getting damaged
- Hydrates to the full
- Long shiny hair
- Ideal for all hair types including colored or keratin treated hair
- Healing properties induced due to aloe extracts
- Presence of mango, orange, tangerine, avocado seed oil, etc.
- Helps in deep cleansing hair and scalp without forming any greasy texture
- Very light in nature and the effects can stay longer on your hair
- A pleasant aroma can soothe your body and mind
- For a few thin fine hairs, the product couldn’t do well
- Some users have claimed that dry and dirty scalp was not cleaned properly by using it
6 – Mielle Babassu Hair Conditioning Deep Cleansing Shampoo
No products found.
A blend of avocado milk is added in this formula to derive maximum hydration to the hair strands. Presence of botanic extracts and certified natural ingredients exclusively work together to maintain the hydration level of the hair follicles. If you have dry, dehydrated scalp or hair, this is the best product for you. To get a shiny hair full of moisture, the hair milk does wonders. Exclusively it has been designed for all hair types in women.
Sterols and tocopherol percentage are high in this hair formula because of the existence of Amazonian palm fruit. So it also prevents hair from drying and stripping off unnecessarily. Almond extracts provide hair elasticity, whereas the hibiscus content can give you healthy and manageable hair. The natural high foaming technique by applying this shampoo can enhance the hair conditioning process.
- Maximum hydration
- Botanic and natural ingredients present
- One of the best organic shampoos
- Palm fruit extracts
- No hair fall
- Prevents hair drying
- Almond and hibiscus oil found in the composition
- Hair elasticity and strength is maintained
- A super quality hair product
- Reduces hair frizz and dryness
- Soft, manageable clean hair strands can be derived by using it
- Though the shampoo has a nice smell in a few cases, it has resulted in tangling issue.
7 – Alikay Naturals Coco Milk Caribbean Natural Shampoo
The shampoo is specially formulated with coconut oil to humidify your hair properly. It has been specially designed for dry, damaged and chemically treated hair. In case you are facing issues with tangled hair and split ends, this is an apt hair product for you. Coconut oil is an essential ingredient in the composition which can lock the hydration for a long period.
Along with it, the presence of natural fatty acids can result in softening and strengthening your hair strands. The coconut milk can reduce the hair fall and maintain better-textured hair. Cleansing hair entirely is possible with this shampoo. Dry, dehydrated hair can be nourished, and an increased level of shine can be reached effortlessly by this hair product.
- Coconut extracts content
- Suitable for dry, damaged and chemically treated hair
- Effective against hair knots
- Split ends can be rectified
- Natural fatty acids present
- Hydrates effectively
- Shiny hair
- Reduces hair fall
- Cleanses hair effectively without any allergic reactions
- The high lather is formed which can give you a nice bathing experience
- Smells amazing
- Results in no hair fall or any greasy residue after applying it
- Few customers have experienced hair fall after using the shampoo
- Dryness was also felt by some customers due to this hair product, though scalp was cleaned properly.
8 – Elucence Hydration Benefits Hair Lotion
A mild shampoo blended with peach extracts to moisturize of your hair. Other essential products in this composition include Irish moss, ginseng and wheat protein which benefits your hair hydration at peak level. In case you have dry, dehydrated hair, this solution is the best one for you. It helps to reduce hair fall. For any user suffering from dryness due to chemicals or color, treatment can also get full hydration benefits from this shampoo brilliantly.
Hydrolyzed proteins and Polysaccharides are also present in the composition. As a result, you can a get a smooth glowing hair. The coconut derived cleanser can help in detangling your hair too. Due to lipids and polysaccharides, frizz can be controlled, and you can get easily manageable hair.
- Gentle in nature
- Irish moss, ginseng and wheat protein found
- Hydrates hair properly
- Ideal for dry, damaged and color treated hair
- Hydrolyzed proteins, polysaccharides and lipid content
- Coconut blend
- Frizz-free smooth hair
- An amazing leave-in conditioner formula
- You can get a soft bright hair after using it
- For curly hair shampoo users, it can result in maintaining the soft curls effectively without any tangles.
- No or less hair fall can be experienced after regularly applying the shampoo
- The consistency is not that great; it is watery in texture
- Few users have experienced itchy and dry scalp after using this hair product.
9 – Pravana Intense Leave-In Treatment Shampoo Therapy
An advanced formula created by the blend of amla juice and coconut oil. It helps in complete humidification of the hair and scalp. The gentle solution helps to cleanse and strengthen the hair strands. You can use this safe hair product every day as it has no harmful chemical present in it. Suitable for all types of hair, including natural hair.
The moisturizing solution is deprived of paraben, sulfate, cruelty, and dye. Coconut oil cleanses the dry, dehydrated scalp and also reaches the hair follicles effectively. To get better results, you can use the shampoo twice a week in your hair. Soft curls can be maintained well by this product.
Pro-Vitamin B5 provides you benefits of non-breakage of the hair follicle. You can get a healthy nourished hair as a result of regular usage of this shampoo.
- Amla juice and coconut combined
- Mild in nature
- Strengthens hair strands
- Free of paraben, sulfate, cruelty, and dye
- Cleanses hair scalp effectively
- An everyday shampoo
- Pro-Vitamins B5 content
- Reduces hair fall
- No hair stripping and complete retention of moisture is possible by this product
- The lovely smell of the shampoo can give you a pleasant bathing routine
- Complete hair cleansing was not properly done as few users have complained about it
- It is an expensive hair product as compared to other similar shampoos
10 – Pravana Deep Moisturizing Therapy Leave-In Treatment Shampoo
It is a multipurpose natural shampoo for all hair types. The hair solution can help you from hair tangles and can prevent your hair from heating. If you are suffering from hair fall, split ends, dry scalp; then it is the quick hair solution for you. The shampoo can hydrate your scalp well and cleanses your hair effectively. Often swimmers face difficulty in their hair due to the chlorine content in the water and end up getting dry, frizzy hair.
Once you start applying this vegan shampoo, you will see frizz can be reduced to a high amount. Presence of Jojoba, algae, sunflower and the obroma grandiflorum seed butter can result in a healthy nourished hair as it locks in moisture in the hair follicles for a long time. It is safe to use as it is deprived of Paraben, Sulfate, Phthalates, Salt, and Gluten.
- Ideal for all hair types
- Reduces hair fall
- Gives a perfect solution for hair knots
- Moisturizes hair completely
- Frizzy hair shampoo
- Free of Paraben, Sulfate, Phthalates, Salt, and Gluten.
- Vegan in nature
- Jojoba, algae, sunflower and the obroma grandiflorum seed butter content
- The lightweight hair product can lock the hydration for a long time in your hair without any greasy or sticky residue formation
- A fantastic smell can soothe your mind and body
- Helps to deal with thin, dehydrated hair properly
- Few users have felt dryness in their hair after using this product
- Some consumers opined though their hair texture improved the hair solution couldn’t cleanse the dirt from their hair thoroughly.
There are various hair products available in the market or online. Before you invest in the best natural shampoo, it is always suggested to go through the online reviews. You can then develop a fair idea on which one to go for depending on your hair types and hair problems.
Best shampoo for natural hair buying guide
Your shampoo for natural hair should have a lot of things, and it should help your hair to nourish and make it easy for you to handle them as well. There are a lot of options available for the same in the market, and all you need is to find the one that suits your requirement the best. Those natural hair look lovely, and when you maintain them well, they become your pride.
Factors to be considered when buying the best shampoo for natural hair
There is so much you would need to consider when buying the best shampoo for natural hair. You would look for something that can do multiple jobs of taming the curls, controlling the hair and also hydrating your dry mane. Don’t worry; you don’t have to compromise at all. Let us take a look at some of the factors that you would need to keep in mind before finalizing the product
If you are buying a product for your hair, you must bear in mind what is the kind of your hair. Yes, you have natural hair, but there are variations in shampoos for natural hair too. First, you need to know the type of your hair. If you have dry hair which is also frizzy, you need to choose a frizzy hair shampoo which also has hydrating qualities to nourish your hair.
Your hair is what you feed it. Be extra vigilant in choosing the contents and components of your shampoo. Read the label carefully to check what is the shampoo made up of. With regards to what you must be looking for, it should be natural and nourishing products like Shea butter and also the cooling agent like aloe vera. The Shea moisture will nourish your hair, and the aloe vera is brilliant for damaged hair due to it’s healing properties.
For you natural black hair, it is essential to retain the hair moisture so that your hair does not get any more frizzy. There are special shampoos and conditioners which contain apple cider vinegar which are all the naturals moisturizing your hair and making them look shiny and nourished. Having a moisturizing ingredient in your shampoo is mandatory if you want to maintain your natural mane.
With the condition of the atmosphere today, natural shampoo is inevitably way better than the ones which are flooded with chemicals. You need to choose a shampoo that has natural oils like argan oil for your hair. These natural oils will help to retain and restore the essential oils of your hair rather than stripping the oils off like chemical shampoos tend to do.
A shampoo that is one step ahead of natural shampoo is organic. For organic shampoos, there would be no chemicals used even during the manufacture or cultivation of the ingredients that are used in the shampoo. It would mean that if you choose the best organic shampoo for your natural hair, you would be treating them in an all natural and organic manner.
Natural hair is difficult to maintain and using any shampoo on them without proper authentication, and research can lead to grave issues. Do not choose a brand that has no assurance of quality. You need your best shampoo for natural hair to be of a tried and tested brand. Even if you do choose a new brand, always read the reviews and understand what people are saying about the shampoo.
Along with your hair types, you also need to take note if you have any of the problems with your hair or scalp. You don’t want to choose a shampoo with an ingredient that reacts negatively on your natural hair. Be conscious of the choices you make while choosing your shampoo and keep in mind that you don’t want to cause any damage to your hair.
When you are looking for a shampoo, you need to identify how many times do you plan to use it in a week. If you are someone who shampoos a lot, then maybe you should choose something very mild and also use coconut oil for hair so that it nourishes your hair along with the wash. Whereas if you shampoo twice a week, which is normal, you can choose a comparatively more substantial shampoo to clean and maintain your hair.
Budget is significant. Not everyone can afford to spend too much on hair care, and shampoo is not the only product that you need. So value becomes a determining factor. Make sure the price is not the only factor that drives your decision. You must do a cost-benefit analysis and find out which product gives you the maximum requirements at least of cost. If a shampoo is priced high and has no benefits, it is not a smart choice.
Your hair does not need sulfate. Sulfate is not your friend. You need a sulfate free shampoo for your natural hair. Sulfate makes hair dry.
Along with drying the hair, it also rips away the natural oils of the hair and makes them damaged. Natural hair is dry and frizzy, and using sulfate is suicidal. You will ruin your hair in more ways than one can explain. Make sure your shampoo doesn’t have sulfate in it.
Consider all of these points before choosing one product, and if you answer and take note of these points, you are bound to find your best shampoo for natural hair. It will make your hair care easy and natural hair more manageable.
Benefits Of The Best Shampoo For Natural Hair
There are so many ways in which your natural hair can benefit from a good shampoo. Managing those unruly curls can be a tough job, and you wouldn’t want to deny your hair the nourishment it deserves. Using the best shampoo for natural hair can benefit your hair in a lot of ways. Let us discuss some of these benefits which can help you understand the importance of the specific shampoos:
Natural hair is not treated chemically and has no exposure to any form of relaxers or other treatments. They are dry, and they lack hair moisture. Your shampoo will help to moisturize the hair and try to bring the shine and luster to it. Moisturized hair will not seek moisture from the air, and hence that will benefit not to cause more dryness in your manes.
Using the best shampoo for natural hair can help you style your hair. A good shampoo prepares the hair for the styling products and instruments that you might want to use. It minimizes the damage to your hair and makes it stronger for the chemical exposure that might come along with the different styles and experiments. Not just this, after shampooing your hair become softer, which also makes styling easy and more graceful.
The quintessential advantage of shampoo is that it cleans your hair. Your hair is a hub for external pollutants, dust, styling products, and other such products. Shampooing your hair will wash your hair and remove all the dirt and foreign products from it. Having clean hair is vital to maintain the quality and strength of your hair.
Shampooing your hair improves the condition and health of hair. The difference in your hair health will be exponential if you choose a shampoo that is best suited for your natural hair. It will nourish, moisturize, and provide your hair with all the elements that it needs to become healthy, shiny, and lustrous so that every day is a good hair day.
If you have a good hair day, you have a good day. Hair is significant, and if our hair looks good, we automatically start feeling good. It adds to our confidence, and we might go throughout the day, which would have been difficult without feeling good. If you have a good shampoo, you have more confidence because the correlation is direct and rightly so.
Naturally, curly hair is bound to be frizzy. Choosing a good shampoo can help to hydrate your hair. Hydrated hair tends to have less frizz, which might be the best benefit to some of you. Your shampoo can help you reduce the frizz. It can also help to eventually lessen the frizz from its roots by strengthening the hair and solving the problem right at its source.
Tame The Curls
Natural hair which has not been exposed to any chemical straightening tend to be curly. The approach here is very much similar to the famous curly girl method which can help you to tame the curls. You don’t need to worry if your curls have not been chemically relaxed, the best shampoo for natural hair can help you tame the curls. Ensure that the shampoo is in line with the CG method, and it should help manifold.
Shampooing your hair helps to make your hair look shinier and frizz free, this also helps to make your hair look voluminous in the right way. Your hair will feel bouncy, and it will have a luster. It will add to your appearance and make your hair get more volume. A good shampoo also strengthens the roots which should give you a good hair volume.
Do’s And Don’ts For Natural Hair
Maintaining that natural hair is no easy feat. While the use of best shampoo for natural hair will certainly make things easier for you, you also need to take other precautions so that your hair stays strong and healthy. Take note of below tips and try and include them in your hair care routine. Diligence in hair care will show you the improvement and difference in your hair:
Don’t Over Wash
Anything in excess is wrong. You wouldn’t want your hair to bear the brunt of you overusing your shampoo. Over-washing, hour hair is a crime, and the repentance is severe. Natural hair is usually dry and over washing them is worsening that. Try to minimize the washing of hair twice a week. No matter how thick hair you have, over-shampooing can cause severely damaged hair.
Get Regular Trims
If you want your curls to be maintained and the length to increase, you need to get regular trims. Trimming your hair every three months can help to get rid of split ends and also dead hair follicles. Your hair will grow faster and better if you trim them regularly. You don’t need to get a proper hair cut every time, all you need is to get your hair trimmed from the bottom.
Hydration is an essential key to good hair. You most definitely need to follow strict hydration and drink water regularly to stay hydrated. A hydrated body leads to healthy, shiny, and smooth hair. Importance of hydration cannot be emphasized, and it will help not only your hair but also your body health in general.
Be Gentle With Your Hair
Your hair is a part of your body, and you need to take care of it. Pamper it, and it will show you the results. In need of that perfect style or type, don’t be harsh on your hair. Use products that are gentle on your hair and treat them with care. Even the right product can lead to mishaps if you are not gentle with your hair.
Don’t Dismiss Any Product Too Quickly
If you have chosen the best shampoo for natural hair after a lot of research and care, then you need to give the product sometime. With hair, you cannot always tell instantly. Some products might show instant results while some might take time. You need to be patient if you are trying a new product. Give the products multiple tries, and you will see the desired results.
Have A Proper Hair Care Routine
Make a plan for your hair and stick to it. We all plan things and then don’t follow it. Having a hair care routine can help your hair become better. The path to shiny, smooth, and soft hair is long, but it surely takes you to the results you want. Follow that hair care plan you have so meticulously made.
FAQs Regarding Best Shampoo For Natural Hair
When it comes to our hair, we cannot take things at their face value. We have numerous questions, and we need them resolved to make a decision. Choosing the best shampoo for natural hair is no different. There are so many questions you might have, and there are so many doubts that come with each discovery. Let us help you answer some of these questions.
Products for natural hair are not the same as those that one would use on healthy hair. Because natural hair needs different nutrients, you need to use products that contain Shea butter. You must also look into applying Jamaican black castor oil which can hydrate and moisturize your hair efficiently and ethically. You can also try products which have aloe vera in them.
If you want to moisturize natural hair, it cannot be done without water. Choose a water-based moisturizer and then lock in the moisture by using the castor oil or coconut oil for hair which will help to keep the moisture locked. Shea butter can again prove to be a right product for moisturizing your hair.
Over washing your hair leads to a lot of problems, and you must make your hair get used to less washing. Use a clarifying shampoo, increase the gaps between washes gradually, use dry shampoos, and leave in conditioners. All these tactics can train your hair so that it does not need the washing daily.
These are some of the critical things you must be aware of and even follow if you want to take care of your natural hair. Choose the best shampoo for natural hair and try to incorporate the tips provided along here. The combination should make your hair care easy and your hair stronger and beautiful. Don’t take hair care lightly; it decides the fate of your hair.